Defenses and QB Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defenses and QB Play

One thing that strikes me about this game is how little credit defenses get for making offenses look bad. It's all about how Max had a crappy game and Wynn couldn't hit open receivers, not about how both defenses played. Max was pressured all night long ... Wynn was hearing footsteps all night and overthrew receivers.

I guess it's lilke the President and the economy ... QB's get all the glory and all the blame.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Utah's defense was great and definitely the biggest reason why Max sucked yesterday. They were aggressive and got major pressure on him, and their corners were all over our WR's. That said, Max missed a number of throws he should have made, and he was tentative hanging in the pocket to make solid throws. His passes had very little on them last night because his feet were all over the place.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Utah's defense was great and definitely the biggest reason why Max sucked yesterday. They were aggressive and got major pressure on him, and their corners were all over our WR's. That said, Max missed a number of throws he should have made, and he was tentative hanging in the pocket to make solid throws. His passes had very little on them last night because his feet were all over the place.
      That's what I'm saying though. When the QB is getting that much pressure ... it becomes a mental thing and they hear footsteps even when it's not there.

Another example, Reed and Pitta both basically taken out of the game by the defenses.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        One thing that strikes me about this game is how little credit defenses get for making offenses look bad. It's all about how Max had a crappy game and Wynn couldn't hit open receivers, not about how both defenses played. Max was pressured all night long ... Wynn was hearing footsteps all night and overthrew receivers.

I guess it's lilke the President and the economy ... QB's get all the glory and all the blame.
        Utah gameplan seemed very simple. Play a close one-on-one with the WR's. Bracket the TE's. Those 2 seconds gave utah the time to pressure Max with their front 7. max is best with quick passes. Utah took that away.

Comment

Utah deserves a lot of credit for mostly neutralizing Dennis Pitta. Didn't he finish with 2 catches?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post

I credit U's defense for how bad Max looked. I don't credit BYU's defense much for how Wynn looked. Pretty much every QB all year has sliced our defense up. There were open receivers all night for Wynn, he just didn't make his passes after the first two drives.

Comment

Working...
            X