Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rankings 11/29

BYU to 13

But the surprising thing to me is that Utah didn't drop out. They are 25. That is what would normally happen after a close BCS matchup, but it seems the MWC is getting that same respect. Well done.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    BYU to 13

But the surprising thing to me is that Utah didn't drop out. They are 25. That is what would normally happen after a close BCS matchup, but it seems the MWC is getting that same respect. Well done.
    It's because three ranked 8-win teams lost and dropped out.

Comment

Utah's only losses are to the #4, #8 and #13 teams. Not too shabby for a rebuilding year.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        It's because three ranked 8-win teams lost and dropped out.
        I'm sorry, where is OK?

Comment

I'm sorry, where is OK?
          Others receiving votes.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I'm sorry, where is OK?
            Still getting a few votes.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I'm sorry, where is OK?
              Oklahoma is a five-loss unranked team. You're missing my point. Utah is a 9-win team. Of course they're ranked...all the 9-win teams are. It has nothing to do with conference.

Comment

Oklahoma is a five-loss unranked team. You're missing my point. Utah is a 9-win team. Of course they're ranked...all the 9-win teams are. It has nothing to do with conference.

I didn't miss your point. I don't like it, so I am choosing to ignore it.

Comment

it will be interesting to see where the press poll puts the utes... i think that we will be 24 or 25, but probably more likely 26 or 27, and that Cal and Stanford will jump the Utes.

Comment

And they deserved to be ranked. All 3 loses were against teams in the top 15 on the road.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      And they deserved to be ranked. All 3 loses were against teams in the top 15 on the road.
                      Right. That's my point. Why wouldn't the Utes be ranked? They've proven themselves season-over-season, their losses were against ranked opponents, and they're one of only 20 9-or-better-win teams.

Comment

Shoot! You all missed your first BCS bowl by one ranking. For want of a nail a kingdom could be lost!
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I think it's interesting that there are no 1 loss teams to be found.

Comment

Right. That's my point. Why wouldn't the Utes be ranked? They've proven themselves season-over-season, their losses were against ranked opponents, and they're one of only 20 9-or-better-win teams.
                            Babs, you're one helluva poster. I like you!
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Shoot! You all missed your first BCS bowl by one ranking. For want of a nail a kingdom could be lost!

I love it when you post about football.

Comment

Working...
                              X