Boise State/TCU Fiesta Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State/TCU Fiesta Bowl?

If OKSt ends up dropping this game, I think it is possible we see this matchup.

Good? Bad?

U-Ute

Bad. Good that two non-AQ get in, but bad in that they'll both be ghettoized and regardless of who wins it will mean nothing as far as breaking into the BCS goes. I'd love to see them both get in and play against BCS teams, but that doesn't seem likely.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
      Bad. Good that two non-AQ get in, but bad in that they'll both be ghettoized and regardless of who wins it will mean nothing as far as breaking into the BCS goes. I'd love to see them both get in and play against BCS teams, but that doesn't seem likely.
      I agree with this. The scenario couldn't be worse for TCU.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I need to see a TCU-Texas bowlgame. Texas would get its ass kicked in front of the whole country.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

This scenario would suck mightily.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
            I need to see a TCU-Texas bowlgame. Texas would get its ass kicked in front of the whole country.
            I can't believe the confidence with which you guys keep making this statement. Mack Brown's bowl record is nearly flawless, and he's won five in a row. He's not the type that's going to have colt and the boys show up unprepared and then choke on national television.

Comment

The bowl games have a picking order, but at the same time they work together to determine the matchups. Would a TCU/BSU Fiesta Bowl be considered a "major screw job" in terms of national interest, ticket sales, tv revenue, etc.? The Fiesta Bowl reps would essentially have to consent to let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                The bowl games have a picking order, but at the same time they work together to determine the matchups. Would a TCU/BSU Fiesta Bowl be considered a "major screw job" in terms of national interest, ticket sales, tv revenue, etc.? The Fiesta Bowl reps would essentially have to consent to let it happen.
                If they dont' give TCU the SEC championship loser like Utah last year it HAS to be seen as a total screw job / wussing out by the SEC. Can't imagine the national media not hammering them on that one.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  I can't believe the confidence with which you guys keep making this statement. Mack Brown's bowl record is nearly flawless, and he's won five in a row. He's not the type that's going to have colt and the boys show up unprepared and then choke on national television.
                  Don't get me wrong, I respect UT, but I've seen multiple games of theirs this year and they would really get hammered by the Frogs based on their O's tendency to stall out and the close scrapes they've had this year, including a lackluster game where they traded blows with lowly Wyoming for an entire half.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I respect UT, but I've seen multiple games of theirs this year and they would really get hammered by the Frogs based on their O's tendency to stall out and the close scrapes they've had this year, including a lackluster game where they traded blows with lowly Wyoming for an entire half.
                    If an average MOV of 30 constitutes "close scrapes," and the best you can come up with as a "lackluster game" is a 41-10 victory, I think your post speaks for itself.

The only "close scrape" Texas had was against Oklahoma. Granted, Texas defeated a stronger Oklahoma team last year - the same Oklahoma team that destroyed TCU.

Comment

If an average MOV of 30 constitutes "close scrapes," and the best you can come up with as a "lackluster game" is a 41-10 victory, I think your post speaks for itself.

The only "close scrape" Texas had was against Oklahoma. Granted, Texas defeated a stronger Oklahoma team last year - the same Oklahoma team that destroyed TCU.
                      I think he is talking about the 1st half. How many crappy teams has texas been close to in the end of the 1st half?

Comment

why did you drag last year's TCU and OU teams into your argument? I get it-- you're a big 12 homer.

Comment

Texas is going to play Florida in the championship game.

U-Ute

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                            Texas is going to play Florida in the championship game.

U-Ute
                            well... if Nebraska upsets Texas, then Texas doesn't go to the title game. But in that case Texas would end up in the Orange Bowl against ACC, so still no Texas-TCU matchup like commando wants.

Comment

well... if Nebraska upsets Texas
                              Yeah. Right about here is where I stopped reading.

Comment

Working...
                              X