I'd vote Utah #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd vote Utah #1

But it's too bad they won't get it, or at least have a chance to play for it.

The system, sucks as it may, is what it is. The reason the Utes aren't in the BCS title game this year is because they were fairly average to mediocre the last three seasons. BYU would have never won it in 1984 without the great 83 season, and the consistent winning of the previous five years. Utah simply started out too low in the polls.

Obviously, most of us (including most Ute fans I know) underestimated how good this team is. And they were underrated because they hadn't played to this level this year. Had they shown us they were this good by dominating TCU and Oregon State, MAYBE they could have been ranked #2 and be playing for all the marbles. I think they'd have a good shot at winning.

Anyway, I feel better about BYU now, we hung with a great team for 3+ quarters. Given the improvement Utah made from 07 to 08, it shows me that the Cougs aren't that far off from being a great team. We'll see if they can get there. Bronco, the gauntlet has been laid down!
    "Remember to double tap"
Working...
X