X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool BCS site

I just saw this on CB.

http://www.playoffproblem.com/

I like how they make it look like it is some grass roots website against a playoff, crappy graphics and all.

Yeah, that's funny. The site looks like something from 1998.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Who's Bill Hancock and why is he such an idiot?

Playoffs are contentious and controversial? Lot of controversy surrounding the legitimacy of the winners of the Super Bowl or NCAA March Madness?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Who's Bill Hancock and why is he such an idiot?

Playoffs are contentious and controversial? Lot of controversy surrounding the legitimacy of the winners of the Super Bowl or NCAA March Madness?
        I think he is referring to other controversy....bubble teams left out, elimination of bowls, etc.

This season may be the season in which I become a full BCS proponent, even over a playoff.

I do think that pre-season rankings should not be released and that coaches poll should not be released until about 3 weeks into the season, allowing teams to actually play some games.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I think he is referring to other controversy....bubble teams left out, elimination of bowls, etc.

This season may be the season in which I become a full BCS proponent, even over a playoff.

I do think that pre-season rankings should not be released and that coaches poll should not be released until about 3 weeks into the season, allowing teams to actually play some games.
          Here are the answers.

1. Make the tournament big enough that bubble teams don't have significant chance to win the whole thing. 8 teams is too small. 16 might even be too small.

2. Completely eliminate ALL the bowls and tell the Cotton Bowl commisioner, etc. to stuff it and they'll have to start paying their own way if they want to travel around watching college football all year. If you want to include more teams than make it in the tournament in postseason play, do like what you have in basketball with an NIT-like tournament.

Think outside the box and don't let bowl preservation be one of your assumptions, and you'll come up with a lot of creative answers.

Comment

Here are the answers.

1. Make the tournament big enough that bubble teams don't have significant chance to win the whole thing. 8 teams is too small. 16 might even be too small.

2. Completely eliminate ALL the bowls and tell the Cotton Bowl commisioner, etc. to stuff it and they'll have to start paying their own way if they want to travel around watching college football all year. If you want to include more teams than make it in the tournament in postseason play, do like what you have in basketball with an NIT-like tournament.

Think outside the box and don't let bowl preservation be one of your assumptions, and you'll come up with a lot of creative answers.
            this is a good start. please expound on how the individual bowls come up with the money to pay the lawsuits once the advertisers and sponsers come after them for cancelling the event. Most of these contracts are signed for several years to come.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              this is a good start. please expound on how the individual bowls come up with the money to pay the lawsuits once the advertisers and sponsers come after them for cancelling the event. Most of these contracts are signed for several years to come.
              You really think this is a major hurdle?

Comment

What do you want to bet that the hold up with a playoff is the SEC. Since the SEC champion wouldn't be able to play Division I-AA or Sun Belt teams in the playoff, they want a 7-team bracket with the SEC champion receiving a first-round bye; then to hold the semifinals in the Sugar and Orange Bowls, and the title game in the Georgia Dome. Also, the 7 participants should be the top 7 teams in the BCS standings, even if there are multiples from the same conference.

Once this is agreed upon, the SEC will eliminate their conference title game and set a covenant so that Florida, Alabama, and LSU never play one another during the regular season.

Comment

Here are the answers.

Sometimes you have to deal in the real world though.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                  X