Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sooners have the nation's longest active home-field winning streak at 29 games, extending back more than four seasons. (Aflac trivia: anyone name the last team to defeat the Sooners at Owen Field?)

But I'm afraid it's likely coming to an end this week - to Oklahoma State, no less. I keep thinking this season can't get any worse, and yet...

miami?
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      (Aflac trivia: anyone name the last team to defeat the Sooners at Owen Field?)
      TCU in 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
        TCU in 2005?

That was my first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          TCU in 2005?
          yes. fresh off the national title game, we got upset by TCU at home.

$%#&ing mid-majors!!!

Comment

The Sooners have the nation's longest active home-field winning streak at 29 games, extending back more than four seasons. (Aflac trivia: anyone name the last team to defeat the Sooners at Owen Field?)

But I'm afraid it's likely coming to an end this week - to Oklahoma State, no less. I keep thinking this season can't get any worse, and yet...
            Hedge ... this is what hedging was invented for. the Line is OU -9.5. That means the money line is going to be favorable. Probably +400 for OSU. Bet the money line for OSU so that you are indifferent between OU winning and losing (although the payoff may be too good here to get the hedge right, you may have to settle with prefering OSU to win). OU wins ... great you won ... but you lose a monetary amount equal to your enjoyment from winning. OU loses ... your sadness is more than offest by being richer.
            Last edited by pelagius; 11-24-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I hope you make it 30! The horror of two teams wearing ugly Halloween uniforms in the Holiday Bowl is enough to ruin Capital One Bowl Week.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I hope you make it 30! The horror of two teams wearing ugly Halloween uniforms in the Holiday Bowl is enough to ruin Capital One Bowl Week.
                Two OSUs, no less.

Comment

Boomer Sooner! Kill the Cowboys!

Comment

yes. fresh off the national title game, we got upset by TCU at home.

$%#&ing mid-majors!!!
                    That's what you get for using Paul Thompson at QB.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
                    X