Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Utah Fans on this board.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Utah Fans on this board.....

that were not BYU fans at one point?

Serious question I know several Ute fans (and stories on this board have added a few to the list) that were at one time BYU fans and switched allegiances.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Serious question I know several Ute fans (and stories on this board have added a few to the list) that were at one time BYU fans and switched allegiances.
    Me.

I have always hated BYU with, as Cowboys say, the white hot fire of 1,000 suns.

Comment

Originally posted by Senioritis View Post
      Me.

I have always hated BYU with, as Cowboys say, the white hot fire of 1,000 suns.
      Thats what I like to hear! I hate turncoats.
      *Banned*

Comment

Most Ute fans I know were always Ute fans. The worst offender I know is a guy in our ward who was a diehard BYU fan until the Crowton years. Now he is a Ute and always leads his lessons (he's sunday school teacher) with something about how BYU sucks and the Utes rule. It's very lame.

Comment

I never was a Cougar fan. Even in the heyday. I didn't care about college sports back then. I didn't care until I started going to the U.

U-Ute

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Most Ute fans I know were always Ute fans. The worst offender I know is a guy in our ward who was a diehard BYU fan until the Crowton years. Now he is a Ute and always leads his lessons (he's sunday school teacher) with something about how BYU sucks and the Utes rule. It's very lame.
            That's one occasion where it's permissible to utter STFU in church.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

The premise of your question is assinine but I will answer it.

I have never been a fan of BYU.

My grandfather and grandmother both went to the U. My dad and aunt went to the U. My mom went to BYU. My mom has never been a fan of BYU, and she was converted. I graduated from the U. after turning down an Honors at Entrance Scholarship and BYU and a Presidential Scholarship from USU. My brothers and sisters are all Utah fans, although I am the only one that attended the U. My cousins on my dad's side are all Utah fans. None of the "in-laws" of the family are BYU fans.

We can quite literally have a family party with my dad's side of the family and there are no BYU fans in the room. It's like the celestial kingdom or hell depending on your view.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post

My grandfather and grandmother both went to the U. My dad and aunt went to the U. My mom went to BYU. My mom has never been a fan of BYU, and she was converted. I graduated from the U. after turning down an Honors at Entrance Scholarship and BYU and a Presidential Scholarship from USU. My brothers and sisters are all Utah fans, although I am the only one that attended the U. My cousins on my dad's side are all Utah fans. None of the "in-laws" of the family are BYU fans.

We can quite literally have a family party with my dad's side of the family and there are no BYU fans in the room. It's like the celestial kingdom or hell depending on your view.
                Is it really? We have learned that UtahDan, SU, DU, and LA have all been BYU fans at one time or another. What a dumb question to ask.
                *Banned*

Comment

Why do people think it shows greater allegiance to their school by saying they turned down "honors and presidential scholarships" it makes you look like an idiot for choosing a rivalry over education.
                  *Banned*

Comment

I graduated from the U. after turning down an Honors at Entrance Scholarship and BYU and a Presidential Scholarship from USU.
                    Now you are speaking my language, superfluous self-gloss...I turned down the opportunity to do Keg stands and become a member of SAE at OSU when I came out of HS, no scholarship was offered, but there were promises of all the PBR I could drink and easy women. I went and froze one testicle off in Idaho instead.
                    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-24-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Always a Ute fan...brothers and sisters and parents, all Ute fans. Cousins on my mother's side are all Ute fans.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                        Cousins on my mother's side are all Ute fans.
                        What's the fan status of your dad's nephews?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Or it would be like the local Wal-mart company party.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Next question is there a fan of the Utes that is LDS who did not turn down some form of scholarship to the BYU?
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              Next question is there a fan of the Utes that is LDS who did not turn down some form of scholarship to the BYU?
                              Me. I didn't even apply. Piss on 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X