Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I love about Max

Fast forward to 3:23

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnz06MEy-w"]YouTube- BYU Air Force Football 2009[/ame]

It's actually what I dislike about him. Lots of jawing without very few big wins to show for it. Shut up and play.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I like a byu QB with more wins than Ty Detmer who doesn't back down from some bitch ass airman in his face.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        It's actually what I dislike about him. Lots of jawing without very few big wins to show for it. Shut up and play.

I can see that. However much of the time a QB will hide behind his teamates when it's time to get a bit chippy. Maybe this sort of thing will help bring out some emotion for the rivalry game.

Comment

Max grabbed the defender's facemask and drew a flag.

Comment

Here's that 3rd quarter drive:

Brigham Young at 13:24
            1st and 10 at BYU 17 Max Hall pass complete to Spencer Hafoka for 5 yards to the BYU 22. 7 31
            2nd and 5 at BYU 22 Max Hall pass complete to Luke Ashworth for 6 yards to the BYU 28 for a 1ST down.
            1st and 10 at BYU 28 Max Hall pass incomplete.
            2nd and 10 at BYU 28 Max Hall pass complete to Spencer Hafoka for 12 yards to the BYU 40 for a 1ST down.
            1st and 10 at BYU 40 Max Hall pass complete to O'Neill Chambers for 13 yards to the AFA 47 for a 1ST down.
            1st and 10 at AFA 47 Harvey Unga rush for 5 yards to the AFA 42.
            2nd and 5 at AFA 42 Max Hall pass complete to McKay Jacobson for 18 yards to the AFA 24 for a 1ST down.
            1st and 10 at AFA 24 Harvey Unga rush for 1 yard to the AFA 23.
            2nd and 9 at AFA 23 Manase Tonga rush for 6 yards to the AFA 17.
            3rd and 3 at AFA 17 Max Hall pass complete to Dennis Pitta for 15 yards to the AFA 2 for a 1ST down.
            1st and Goal at AFA 2 Harvey Unga rush for no gain to the AFA 2.
            2nd and Goal at AFA 2 BYU penalty 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct on Max Hall accepted, no play.
            2nd and Goal at AFA 17 Max Hall pass incomplete to Harvey Unga.
            3rd and Goal at AFA 17 Max Hall pass complete to Dennis Pitta for 15 yards to the AFA 2.
            4th and Goal at AFA 2 Max Hall pass intercepted by Anthony Wright Jr at the AFA 0, returned for 19 yards to the AFA 9, AIR FORCE penalty 10 yard personal foul accepted.
            The defender got in Max's head. Only three plays after being flagged for 15 yards, he threw a pick.

Comment

Other than the 1990 Miami game, what were the biggest wins Detmer had?
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                Here's that drive:

The defender got in Max's head. Only three plays after being flagged for 15 yards, he threw a pick.
                That's a different "personal foul". The one you are referring to here was where BYU got busted for the direct snap TD to Unga.

Comment

I look forward to another costly,hot-headed penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct from Max, just like last year.
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    Other than the 1990 Miami game, what were the biggest wins Detmer had?
                    Sorry, this thread is about Max Hall. Maybe you could start a "This is what I love about Ty" thread.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

and I look forward to another game winning drive, capped by harvey running over whatever poor asshole linebacker happens to have talked the most shit during game week.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

If I recall correctly, Maxi got away with some questionable behavior in RES last year. Made it that much more fun to watch Kruger pick him off.
                        "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                        -John Heisman

Comment

Sorry, this thread is about Max Hall. Maybe you could start a "This is what I love about Ty" thread.
                          I'm just curious what bullshit criteria we can come up for Hall that doesn't apply to any previous BYU QB great. The "very few big wins" seems to be one of those.

Comment

BYU fans are retarded..of that I'm convinced. Does anyone remember how much crap Beck took for 3 1/2 years before he was sainted?

Max is doing fantastic work behind center, and we are going to miss him next year big time. I have a friend who honestly expressed his desire to bring in Riley Nelson for the rest of the season after the Florida State game. WTF??? I pointed out that Max was then on track to break the record for most games won at BYU and he replied "right place at the right time." Yeah, since any idiot can step into the QB's shoes given the right conditions and win 30 games in 3 years... especially at BYU where all we do is hand the ball to the backs...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X