X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play you'd most like to see on Saturday

Let's hear 'em.

Mine: Kruger pick 6.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

I'd just like to see Bauman make a play. I know, I know, it's unrealistic.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

I know what I don't want to see. that is Bauman trying to cover Reed or Brooks.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

Heh. Unfortunately, you're going to see that several times.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Whenever I watch a game, the announcers are always talking (positively) about Bauman. I don't get it. Admittedly, this past week they were talking about his academics... but still. They always seem to be highlighting that guy.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

How do you see BYU covering Reed or Brooks in the slot? It looked like they lined Reed up in about every WR position against SDSU trying to exploit his advantage.

As I watched that I wondered if BYU will actually play some nickle on Sat.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              How do you see BYU covering Reed or Brooks in the slot? It looked like they lined Reed up in about every WR position against SDSU trying to exploit his advantage.

As I watched that I wondered if BYU will actually play some nickle on Sat.
              They will cover him with a backer. Either Jordan Pendleton, Bauman or Doman. I keep telling everyone that Utah will line up Reed a Brooks a ton in the slot this week to take advantage of that. All they have to do is look at last year and see Bauman trying to cover Brent Casteel and Braden Godfrey to see how to really take advantage of it. It will be the biggest key to the game for the Utes. I see the bulk of Utah's passing yards coming over the middle of the field.

I don't see them playing nickle. They haven't all year. Except maybe at the start of the year with Shiloah Te'o vs. Tulane and OU. Can't remember exactly though.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Whenever I watch a game, the announcers are always talking (positively) about Bauman. I don't get it. Admittedly, this past week they were talking about his academics... but still. They always seem to be highlighting that guy.
                I've had the exact same thoughts. I don't know whether to call him overrated or just a bad linebacker. The way that the announcers talk about I would lean towards WAY overrated.
                "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Because he plays MLB in a system that is designed to force everything to the MLB so that he makes all the plays. Bauman was our leading tackler last year and 2nd on the team as as sophomore. This year however he only has 46 tackles because he has been hurt and has lost time to more talented players. So if you are going to be calling a BYU game and you look at the stats Baumans immediately stand out.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                    Let's hear 'em.

Mine: Kruger pick 6.
                    Fumblerooskie, triple reverse, loss of 7 yards...on 3rd and 2.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

They will cover him with a backer. Either Jordan Pendleton, Bauman or Doman. I keep telling everyone that Utah will line up Reed a Brooks a ton in the slot this week to take advantage of that. All they have to do is look at last year and see Bauman trying to cover Brent Casteel and Braden Godfrey to see how to really take advantage of it. It will be the biggest key to the game for the Utes. I see the bulk of Utah's passing yards coming over the middle of the field.

I don't see them playing nickle. They haven't all year. Except maybe at the start of the year with Shiloah Te'o vs. Tulane and OU. Can't remember exactly though.
                      UNLV did that earlier this year on Bauman for a 75 yard TD.
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I'd like to see that "trying to deceive" play again. I'd like the TD to count this time though.

Comment

I hate to admit this, but the play I want to hear most is pop corn poppin at the end of the game.

Comment

I would like to see the Utes make a big play on special teams...this would include cleanly catching all the punts.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I want to see BYU go for it on a 4th down and then when they don't get it boo Bronco. He'll be thinking "You can't please these people!"
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X