My instincts tell me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My instincts tell me

that this one is going to be brutal for the Utes. I'm not talking trash on this, just reporting what my instincts say. The hype surrounding the Holy War will prove overwhelming for young Wynn[e] and the Utes will collapse around him. The offense will be inept and Jan will set up permanent shop in the Ute backfield. The Ute defense will soon tire of chasing Harvey Unga all around and they will betray their coach by packing it in early. By the end of the 1st half televisions around the Salt Lake Valley will be turned off in frustration and Ute flags will be lowered. To those who may be frustrated by the frankness of this post, I apologize but I am compelled by conscience.

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    that this one is going to be brutal for the Utes. I'm not talking trash on this, just reporting what my instincts say. The hype surrounding the Holy War will prove overwhelming for young Wynn[e] and the Utes will collapse around him. The offense will be inept and Jan will set up permanent shop in the Ute backfield. The Ute defense will soon tire of chasing Harvey Unga all around and they will betray their coach by packing it in early. By the end of the 1st half televisions around the Salt Lake Valley will be turned off in frustration and Ute flags will be lowered. To those who may be frustrated by the frankness of this post, I apologize but I am compelled by conscience.
    Your conscience and my conscience must have hung out this weekend. I'm getting nearly the same message. Mine has a repetetive theme however: Max and Tonga pointing to the strip of Ute fans in the Southwest endzone over and over encouraging them to stand up and cheer after yet another BYU touchdown.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

BYU|49
      FSU|10
      I hope your instincts are right.

Comment

Now go and get Adam to partake.
        I intend to live forever.
        So far, so good.
        --Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          Now go and get Adam to partake.
          That made me laugh.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I'm tracking you, brother. All I can say is that if I'm a BYU fan, and BYU doesn't win THIS year and win really really big, I'm crushed by despair. This year of all years, BYU should romp; BYU needs a statement game. It's fast losing credibility and goodwill to Utah; it's almost to a point where it's not in the top MWC tier, but sitting all alone on a second tier. If I'm a BYU fan I expect BYU to mercilessly pound Utah--this year of all years--or I'm thinking of running a hot bath and opening up my wrist veins, or starting a fire Bronco web site. And a BYU fan is not going to be satisfied with any cliffhanger of a win. This game really does belong to BYU. This is the year for BYU to embarrrass Utah.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              Your conscience and my conscience must have hung out this weekend. I'm getting nearly the same message. Mine has a repetetive theme however: Max and Tonga pointing to the strip of Ute fans in the Southwest endzone over and over encouraging them to stand up and cheer after yet another BYU touchdown.
              Is it still legal to slam dunk footballs over the goal post cross bar? BYU needs to be doing that kind of thing over and over again this year. Or the fans will think FAIL!
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

BYU's defense is too mercurial to expect a pounding. Theoretically, their run defense is good enough to put Utah into passing situations where theoretically they can take advantage of Wynn's inexperience, but my guess is that BYU's poor 3rd down defense will let Utah's offense limp along just enough to keep the game close.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  I'm tracking you, brother. All I can say is that if I'm a BYU fan, and BYU doesn't win THIS year and win really really big, I'm crushed by despair. This year of all years, BYU should romp; BYU needs a statement game. It's fast losing credibility and goodwill to Utah; it's almost to a point where it's not in the top MWC tier, but sitting all alone on a second tier. If I'm a BYU fan I expect BYU to mercilessly pound Utah--this year of all years--or I'm thinking of running a hot bath and opening up my wrist veins, or starting a fire Bronco web site. And a BYU fan is not going to be satisfied with any cliffhanger of a win. This game really does belong to BYU. This is the year for BYU to embarrrass Utah.
                  I am a BYU fan and will be happy with just a win.

If I am a Ute fan I would be worried if BYU crushed Utah. All that good will and perception Kyle and the Utes have earned will take a serious blow. The Kyle vs Bronco debate will rage on in earnest.

If BYU crushes Utah, Utah in the national perspective returns to BYU's little brother.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    BEHOLD THE NEW MWC HIERARCHY! GET USED TO YOUR SECOND-CLASS STATUS!
                    well, after this year, anyway.

Nothing says top-tier status like predicting a blowout loss.
                    Last edited by ERCougar; 11-23-2009, 10:01 AM.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

This year of all years, BYU should romp; BYU needs a statement game.
                      See: 2005 and 2006.

Oh, wait... is this the thread where I'm supposed to be overly confident in BYU's chances?

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

If I am a Ute fan I would be worried if BYU crushed Utah. All that good will and perception Kyle and the Utes have earned will take a serious blow. The Kyle vs Bronco debate will rage on in earnest.

If BYU crushes Utah, Utah in the national perspective returns to BYU's little brother.
                        I see you in a Win-win here '71. If BYu wins, you get to be happy, if Utah wins, you will get to giggle at the writhings of the DOF's.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

Outside northern Utah this game is meaningless. No one will pay attention, believe it or not. What people remember about Utah/BYU since the turn of the millenium is 2004 and 2008. Do you remember who won the Neveda-UNLV game last year? I don't.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I'm not sure there is much hype surrounding this game at all. Sure, the fans want to win. Sure, Kyle and Bronco are all square at two a piece. But let's be honest, we're playing for second and third in the league...Vegas or Poinsettia.

The game hasn't been this meaningless in a long time.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                              I'm not sure there is much hype surrounding this game at all. Sure, the fans want to win. Sure, Kyle and Bronco are all square at two a piece. But let's be honest, we're playing for second and third in the league...Vegas or Poinsettia.

The game hasn't been this meaningless in a long time.
                              As a genius once said:

the plaque for Second place is in the ladies room!
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                              X