Good to see some emotion from the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see some emotion from the team

I noticed a lot more emotion from the team this week against Air Force. Terence Brown was especially fired up. Looks like it was a point of focus within the team this week. From Jay Drew's blog:

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.ph...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Here’s a little more on BYU’s players’ mindset prior to the Air Force game from senior linebacker Shawn Doman.
    “A lot of our focus before the game was on emotion,” he said. “We talked about it in the team meeting this week. We watched film of the New Mexico game and no one was excited, no one was helping out other players when they made plays. And so coach Mendenhall talked a lot about that this last week, and I think we were a lot more excited and into it. Guys were supporting the guys on the other side of the ball, and just cheering and having fun. “
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Nothing like getting in the ear of men who will risk their lives to defend our country.

Stay classy San Diego Provo Cougartown.

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
      Nothing like getting in the ear of men who will risk their lives to defend our country.

What in the world are you talking about?

Also, I take it you watched absolutely none of the postgame handshaking and standing with the AFA team as their band played their alma mater song?
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        What in the world are you talking about?

Also, I take it you watched absolutely none of the postgame handshaking and standing with the AFA team as their band played their alma mater song?
        So that justifies the in-game jawing from Chambers?

Comment

No kidding. Not to mention the fact that BYU outscored them and celebrated after every touchdown. Jerks.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So you're ignoring the jawing that AFA was doing? What about them "giving Tonga the business" in the middle of a pileup?

Comment

I know their kind. They can take a little jawing. No reason for your patriotic sympathies to cause you to start stringpulling on behalf of the GAP (Great American Public).

There is a bit of a rivalry between the two. AFA wanted to beat BYU so bad for so long. Then with the Crowton and DeBerry issues. I think there is some mutual respect but BYU certainly was a bit more chippy on Saturday. I think some of the history and the fact that the chop blocking is getting so much attention throughout college football led to some of the emotion. At times it led to some stupid decisions, such as Bronco going for that TD on 4th down instead kicking the field goal and the dumb personal foul on Rich. But as far as the delicate sympathies of the future Zoomies that you defend so chivalrously, they probably don't need and probably don't deserve it. It is a football game there amigo. I saw some emotion and trash talking but I never saw blatant disregard for the purpose of our nation's semi-military country club in Colorado Springs. Now what I said was disrespectful, but I get to be that way!
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

There is in-game jawing in every single game from both sides of the ball. Football is an emotional game. Even the Cadets were doing there fair amount jawing. Don't try and kid yourself thinking they weren't.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

So you're ignoring the jawing that AFA was doing? What about them "giving Tonga the business" in the middle of a pileup?
                  I'm not saying the Cadets are saints nor that the game should be played without emotion.

I'm just saying you look like a bunch of asshats jumping around after every tackle and celebrating every touchdown like a game winner while playing a 7-4 Service Academy at home.

Comment

What about them "giving Tonga the business" in the middle of a pileup?
                    That is Bush and Rumsfield's fault!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I'm not saying the Cadets are saints nor that the game should be played without emotion.

I'm just saying you look like a bunch of asshats jumping around after every tackle and celebrating every touchdown like a game winner while playing a 7-4 Service Academy at home.
                      I know, it presents a bad image for the church. As an active LDS fan, if our boys are going to act that way, I would just as soon they cancel the program, so I can pull for the Utes where acting like "ass hats" is acceptable.

Comment

I think you're full of shit.

Comment

I think you're full of shit.
                          You're going to put TripletDaddy out of business with witty comebacks like that.

You've changed my mind. It was great to see the players all jacked up for a meaningless game.

Comment

I bet those Air Force players are sitting at home thinking, "Gee those BYU players really hurt my feelings by celebrating touchdowns and talking trash."

I'm sure all those cadets are glad that your taking a stand for them, but I don't think they let a little trash talk get them down.
                            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

It was great to see the players all jacked up for a meaningless game.
                              Why was it meaningless?

Comment

Working...
                              X