My recommended steps to fixing BYU's LB concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recommended steps to fixing BYU's LB concerns

Step 1: Michael Alisa needs to choose to put his mission off for another year. He then will step in as the SOLB starter and blossom into a 2nd Team All MWC performer and then decide to not serve in order to play out his junior and senior year and pursue a potential NFL career. Ute fans can complain about hypocrisy and BYU wins more football games, that means other than some folks in the 3rd World most mormons have what they want. Does he have a girlfriend that could facilitate this?

Step 2: Stop dicking about Jordan Pendleton. Both you and the coaching staff. Move his ass to WOLB. Give some story about the best 11 defenders on the field, I don't give a shit. The kid is as big as Nixon and more physically gifted than any other option, other than Manti or Van Noy. Manti will play as a true freshman but Van Noy will come and redshirt to add mass to his frame and take over when Alisa then goes on his mission after next year.

Step 3: Land Manti Teo. Then your four OLBs for next year become Alisa, Pendleton, Teo and Coleby Clawson.

Step 4: Move Vic So'oto to ILB. Rumor is he added more mass. He becomes BYU's Ray Malaluga playing at 250 lbs of pissed off Son of Hagoth anger. He has the athleticism to stay on the field during passing downs when BYU then takes out the other ILB, Terrance Hooks, to go to a nickel package with Scott Johnson as the second strong safety.

If BYU is going to struggle then lets struggle early while the talented kids who can compete with the athleticism of Utah and TCU cut their teethe and make mistakes in Septemeber.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Step 1: Michael Alisa needs to choose to put his mission off for another year. He then will step in as the SOLB starter and blossom into a 2nd Team All MWC performer and then decide to not serve in order to play out his junior and senior year and pursue a potential NFL career. Ute fans can complain about hypocrisy and BYU wins more football games, that means other than some folks in the 3rd World most mormons have what they want. Does he have a girlfriend that could facilitate this?

Step 2: Stop dicking about Jordan Pendleton. Both you and the coaching staff. Move his ass to WOLB. Give some story about the best 11 defenders on the field, I don't give a shit. The kid is as big as Nixon and more physically gifted than any other option, other than Manti or Van Noy. Manti will play as a true freshman but Van Noy will come and redshirt to add mass to his frame and take over when Alisa then goes on his mission after next year.

Step 3: Land Manti Teo. Then your four OLBs for next year become Alisa, Pendleton, Teo and Coleby Clawson.

Step 4: Move Vic So'oto to ILB. Rumor is he added more mass. He becomes BYU's Ray Malaluga playing at 250 lbs of pissed off Son of Hagoth anger. He has the athleticism to stay on the field during passing downs when BYU then takes out the other ILB, Terrance Hooks, to go to a nickel package with Scott Johnson as the second strong safety.

If BYU is going to struggle then lets struggle early while the talented kids who can compete with the athleticism of Utah and TCU cut their teethe and make mistakes in Septemeber.

I wonder if Pendleton will be in the dog house forever after calling out Jaime Hill. At least he had the nads to do that. sounds like the kind of firey guy we need on the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
      I wonder if Pendleton will be in the dog house forever after calling out Jaime Hill. At least he had the nads to do that. sounds like the kind of firey guy we need on the defense.
      I think he is in the dog house because he frequently doesn't remember assignments and he hits like a pussie. Perhaps your love from him comes from how he hits, it takes one to smell one ya know.

All that aside I strongly believe a move to WOLB will awake his inner Cosmo Cougar and he will blossom like the rose and be the reincarnation of Private Pyle...born again hard and all, sing at firesides and allow Jan Jorgenson to chase down opposing quarterbacks.

Put me in charge of this outfit, I could fix it right quick and in a hurry!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Step 4: go to 4-3 and let our DE's do what they do best--get to the QB. Now you only need one inside linebacker. And you have an easier time recruiting the defensive position where the Mormon demographic is relatively strongest.

Comment

I think he is in the dog house because he frequently doesn't remember assignments and he hits like a pussie. Perhaps your love from him comes from how he hits, it takes one to smell one ya know.

All that aside I strongly believe a move to WOLB will awake his inner Cosmo Cougar and he will blossom like the rose and be the reincarnation of Private Pyle...born again hard and all, sing at firesides and allow Jan Jorgenson to chase down opposing quarterbacks.

Put me in charge of this outfit, I could fix it right quick and in a hurry!
          I don't watch practice and Pendleton obviously didn't play much in the season. But the hardest hit of the season might have been one Pendleton put on a Wyoming receiver in that game.

Comment

What you are saying is as good as anything I have seen yet. I do know what is being done now isn't working. I just don't think we are going to outscore everyone.

While I agree a person should have faith, family, education and friends as higher priorities than football, I would also like to see Bronco give a little slack to kids that might seem to have football as a high priority and have faith down deep they have the priorities straight.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              What you are saying is as good as anything I have seen yet. I do know what is being done now isn't working. I just don't think we are going to outscore everyone.

While I agree a person should have faith, family, education and friends as higher priorities than football, I would also like to see Bronco give a little slack to kids that might seem to have football as a high priority and have faith down deep they have the priorities straight.
              My plan, with planned missions and redshirts, has BYU's OLB team in 2013 consisting of Van Noy as a SR and Teo as a JR as the two starters and Allissa as JR and Sorenson as a JR as the 2's. I got it all lined up over the next 5 seasons!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

My plan, with planned missions and redshirts, has BYU's OLB team in 2013 consisting of Van Noy as a SR and Teo as a JR as the two starters and Allissa as JR and Sorenson as a JR as the 2's. I got it all lined up over the next 5 seasons!
                What can you do about getting some really good JC DB's in the program and keeping them eligible for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  What can you do about getting some really good JC DB's in the program and keeping them eligible for a couple of years.
                  I honestly don't believe the cornerback situation is as woeful as many. It hurt to lose G. Pittman, but I think BYU is better off there than many give it credit. Let me be clear, I don't expect or think it neccesary for BYU to have great cb play. It was poor this year but I think that if the JC kid Aguirre comes in and is adaquate, BYU will be fine at cb. I think that Bradley is going to be good the next two years, and I also think there is some decent talent in the program. If Aguirre can stop current bleeding, BYU will be fine for a few years here.

My point is if the coaches follow my steps for fixing the LB situation, the CB situation as presently constituted, will be good enough for BYU to meet its goals.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I honestly don't believe the cornerback situation is as woeful as many.
                    I agree with this. BYU's secondary issues were more the horrible play the safeties. The issue with the corners is the scheme that is in place. We have a couple of good athletic corners. Brandon Howard does need to do a better job making a play on the ball and not just running right next to him though.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      I agree with this. BYU's secondary issues were more the horrible play the safeties. The issue with the corners is the scheme that is in place. We have a couple of good athletic corners. Brandon Howard does need to do a better job making a play on the ball and not just running right next to him though.
                      All humor aside, if in a bizarro world the kids I mentioned in the positions I mentioned could pick up the mental side it opens BYU's defense to do some things it hasn't in a very long time. I think if the linebackers and safeties are improved to an acceptable level BYU has the corners in place to allow BYU to blitz from various areas. Especially if they have Ah-foo-TIDDY and Jorgenson at DE. They could drop those guys into the flat and really confuse some quarterbacks. I am actually confident that the safeties will be there by the middle of October, if Rich can stay healthy, but the LBs I am not confident of. I think there are some scenarios where the talent is there, but there is a lack of depth and the talented ones might not have the mental grasp or experience neccesary to allow BYU to do these types of things. I really think that the defensive backfield next year and DL will be every bit as good or better as what BYU had in 2006 or 2007. But the linebacker play might be a big hole, again.......

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

But the linebacker play might be a big hole, again.......
                        I don't think might is the right word. Unfortunately it is looking like it will. Like I said in another post, BYU has recruited quantity at this position and not quality.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                        X