You can't give tickets away right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't give tickets away right now

Demand for tickets is a pretty good gauge of what the interest in the program is. Going up a decent opponent and ticket demand is zilch. My guess is we'll have 55K in the stands.

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Demand for tickets is a pretty good gauge of what the interest in the program is. Going up a decent opponent and ticket demand is zilch. My guess is we'll have 55K in the stands.
    If this keeps up, say goodbye to any stadium expansion.

No way the school decides to pony up the cash to fill in the corners if the fans bail on the team after two losses.

Comment

How are you gauging fan interest?
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
        If this keeps up, say goodbye to any stadium expansion.

No way the school decides to pony up the cash to fill in the corners if the fans bail on the team after two losses.
        How many consecutive sellouts does BYU currently have?

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          How many consecutive sellouts does BYU currently have?
          Um, 7?

I'm just saying if santos is right, and the stadium has 10,000 empty seats tomorrow, that will factor into the decision on whether or not to expand.

Comment

It might have something to do with the weather tomorrow.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

We will have to see how this all plays out. It will be interesting. Especially ticket sales next year with the home schedule we have.

I think the raking of the fan base over the coals is counterproductive, but we will see. Maybe there are many religion/football based fans just waiting for the opportunity to take the seats away from the football only based fans who get disinterested.

Comment

How are you gauging fan interest?
                It was defined in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  It might have something to do with the weather tomorrow.
                  Exactly -- rain/snow and 39 degrees right?

Comment

A few thoughts on this:

1. Fan interest in most programs declines after multiple losses, so this is not unique to BYU. I would agree with your observation that tickets are easier to get and harder to sell at this point in the season now that BYU is basically not playing for anythng.

2. The game prior to Thanksgiving is always a tougher sell because some folks start to go out of town for the week. I have found this to be true both at SC games AND BYU games. The exception is when we play Utah, for obvious reasons. If we did not play Utah on Thanksgiving weekend, the attendance would be downright awful.

3. Our lousy attendance seems to be a Ute dream attendance.

I am pissed that I won't make it to Provo until Sunday because I am guessing I could waltz up to LES and buy a good seat for pretty cheap. And yes, I am being literal when I say that I would waltz up to LES. People are more willing to sell you their singles if you show class and distinction.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

But how do you know there will only be 55k in the seats? Or, how do you know that's how many tickets have been sold?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I want to know how you know "ticket demand is zilch".

Comment

Serious question here. Does attendance get hurt at Ohio St., Penn. St., Michigan, Nebraska , Oklahoma when bad weather hits.

If so, maybe a drop in the number of fans, if it happens, this weekend is truly weather and nothing else.

Comment

I want to know how you know "ticket demand is zilch".
                            Try selling some tickets right now and you'll see.

Scroll through here

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&cat=84&pid=0

See how many listings for BYU-AFA and see how many are marked SOLD.
                            Last edited by jay santos; 11-20-2009, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Try selling some tickets right now and you'll see.
                              You're relying on a one-person sample of the secondary market? How many tickets have been completely unsold? I don't care if you are having trouble unloading your tickets because you're too big of a pussy to endure the weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X