Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Cottonwood High QB Alex Cate is getting the start for Ok State tonight........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Cottonwood High QB Alex Cate is getting the start for Ok State tonight........

Starting QB Zac Robinson is out and Cate will be getting the start. I have never been a big fan of Cates and was not that impressed with him in highschool. 4 years later I am interested to see how he has progressed.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Starting QB Zac Robinson is out and Cate will be getting the start. I have never been a big fan of Cates and was not that impressed with him in highschool. 4 years later I am interested to see how he has progressed.
    Is this the dude that went to LSU originally?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Is this the dude that went to LSU originally?
      Yes committed there originally. Rumor has it the only reason he has a schollie to anywhere (did not get one from either local school) was because his dad made a large donation to the school.
      *Banned*

Comment

Is Cate a junior?
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Is Cate a junior?
          Yeah, RS Junior.
          *Banned*

Comment

Yes committed there originally. Rumor has it the only reason he has a schollie to anywhere (did not get one from either local school) was because his dad made a large donation to the school.
            Interesting. And yet he apparently made the two deep at a top 25 Big 12 team.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You are right, he has obviously improved or done something. Because out of highschool he was highly ranked but really he was not that good and he also had a bad reputation. I thought he would have transferred 4 times by now and be playing D-II ball somewhere. So I have to give him credit for obviously improving and sticking it out. Being a backup for 4 years is never fun.
              *Banned*

Comment

He hasn't thrown the ball much, but on the throws he made he looked pretty good.

Side note: the best high school play I've seen in person was Alex Cate. Cottonwood was at Kearns, going for a two-point conversion. Protection broke down pretty quick, so he scrambled back and to his right, then to his left, back to the right, and fired a laser across his body from the 20-yard line and hit a receiver in stride.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

He's currently 0 for 7 with an INT
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Hmmm..........0-9 with an int and he has now been benched.
                    *Banned*

Comment

lol! I saw that too. The commentators on ESPN said that the benching "was the right move."

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                        He hasn't thrown the ball much, but on the throws he made he looked pretty good.
                        Just curious, which of those 9 did he look good on?
                        "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

lol! I saw that too. The commentators on ESPN said that the benching "was the right move."
                          I <heart> insightful commentating!

Comment

Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                            Just curious, which of those 9 did he look good on?

I only saw him throw what I think was his last throw. It was a very good throw and the receiver chunked it. Cate got clocked on the play.

Maybe this is karma for his dad meddling in high school sports.

Comment

Alex Cate was horrific and may never play again. There were at least 3 shoud have been int's dropped by the Buffs on his 9 passes.

Comment

Working...
                              X