Third Eye Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Eye Blind

I know they're not obscure enough for some around here to pay attention to, but I like their new ep. "Red Star" is a good song.

The sound quality on this video sucks, but you get the idea.

[youtube]sfX4ok3jolI&hl[/youtube]

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
    I know they're not obscure enough for some around here to pay attention to, but I like their new ep. "Red Star" is a good song.

The sound quality on this video sucks, but you get the idea.

[youtube]sfX4ok3jolI&hl[/youtube]
    Their self titled CD was a regular in my high school rotation. I haven't listened to it much since.

Comment

Since you are in the mood for songs about stars...

[youtube]WFl3TmhU9BM[/youtube]
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Since you are in the mood for songs about stars...
        [youtube]STfJdFet7RQ[/youtube]

Another song about stars...

Comment

It's rumored that Carah Faye Charnow, former front girl of Shiny Toy Guns (not sure that decision to kick her out is working BTW), actually sang the tracks for Paris' album:

[YOUTUBE]KAPauulxOB0[/YOUTUBE]
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            It's rumored that Carah Faye Charnow, former front girl of Shiny Toy Guns (not sure that decision to kick her out is working BTW), actually sang the tracks for Paris' album:

[youtube]KAPauulxOB0[/youtube]
            I am serious. When I first heard this song, I was expecting to throw myself off the edge of a cliff into a flaming heap of cow dung.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was only awful enough to make me want to cut myself, but that is about it. Even after cutting myself, I listened to the rest of the song.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post

Another song about stars...
              And yet another. I consider this my own personal anthem.

[YOUTUBE]-0xi5FqIefE[/YOUTUBE]

Javert is so misunderstood.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I am waiting for Donuthole to weigh in on this thread.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

3EB's self-titled album was practically the soundtrack to my freshman year of college. Sure, the big singles were great, but lesser known tracks such as Burning Man, Thanks a Lot, Motorcycle Drive-By, and God of Wine forever tattooed my musical soul. I still find that album to be very listenable, start to finish, and,when I do, it inevitably brings back a rush of memories from 1997-1998.

I picked up their second album "Blue" after my mission and was initially disappointed. However, a few of the tracks grew on me, and I learned to like it enough not to throw it away.

I went to a 3EB concert in Vegas in 2003, and they were absolutely terrible live. I felt like I could have stepped on stage in place of Stephen Jenkins and performed the songs better. It also pissed me off that they played over half new stuff in an attempt to pimp their upcoming album, Out of the Vein. Normally I would be happy to hear new tracks from a group I like. But the combination of their inability to perform live, coupled with the absolute sucktitude of the tracks on Out of the Vein (that album was pure garbage) made me want to get up and leave. I didn't, though, as I had paid $35 for my ticket and I was determined to get my money's worth, bad vocals or not.

I haven't really bothered with any of their new music, but i'll probably give this new album a listen just to see what they're up to.
                  Last edited by Donuthole; 01-01-2009, 10:40 PM.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    3EB's self-titled album was my practically the soundtrack to my freshman year of college. Sure, the big singles were great, but lesser known tracks such as Burning Man, Thanks a Lot, Motorcycle Drive-By, and God of Wine forever tattooed my musical soul. I still find that album to be very listenable, start to finish, and,when I do, it inevitably brings back a rush of memories from 1997-1998.

I picked up their second album "Blue" after my mission and was initially disappointed. However, a few of the tracks grew on me, and I learned to like it enough not to throw it away.

I went to a 3EB concert in Vegas in 2003, and they were absolutely terrible live. I felt like I could have stepped on stage in place of Stephen Jenkins and performed the songs better. It also pissed me off that they played over half new stuff in an attempt to pimp their upcoming album, Out of the Vein. Normally I would be happy to hear new tracks from a group I like. But the combination of their inability to perform live, coupled with the absolute sucktitude of the tracks on Out of the Vein (that album was pure garbage) made me want to get up and leave. I didn't, though, as I had paid $35 for my ticket and I was determined to get my money's worth, bad vocals or not.

I haven't really bothered with any of their new music, but i'll probably give this new album a listen just to see what they're up to.
                    Out of the Vein was definitely not their best work. But "Crystal Baller" is one of my favorite songs of theirs, so the album has some value in my eyes.

They did a post race concert in the Delta Center after the 2005 Salt Lake Marathon, and my experience was like yours. They were awful, absolutely awful live. I'm not a prude when it comes to profanity, but he was over the top. Plus he sang off key. It was just a lazy performance. It's the only concert that I've ever left early. I was pissed that in my tired and sore condition I had gone all the way back downtown to see that garbage.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]WcMsB3mYPMs[/YOUTUBE]

Am I that stupid? Why doesn't it ever work for me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMsB3mYPMs
                      Last edited by marsupial; 01-02-2009, 07:25 AM.
                      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                        [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMsB3mYPMs[/YOUTUBE]

Try copying the "Embed" link over to the right of the video, not just the URL. Then paste that inbetween the Youtube brackets.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
                          I know they're not obscure enough for some around here to pay attention to
                          That's funny, but so accurate.

Because you're trying to drop the whole link in. Just drop in the WcMsB3mYPms. Then it should work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            Because you're trying to drop the whole link in. Just drop in the WcMsB3mYPms. Then it should work for you.
                            You're my hero!
                            [YOUTUBE]WcMsB3mYPMs[/YOUTUBE]

What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Can't wait for the new Wilco. Hopefully they put a damn date on its release soon.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X