Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But New Mexico played valiantly

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php
    Did last week’s poor performance in the 24-19 win over New Mexico serve as a wakeup call for the Cougars. Mendenhall said no such thing was needed.

“They didn’t need a wakeup call. They were playing very well. They practiced super well, and they played New Mexico well enough to win the game. But New Mexico played valiantly, and gave us everything they had.
    "Valiantly"?

They practiced super well.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post

Is this like the pie scene in Stand by Me?

Comment

I think Bronco has gone into the mode of yanking fans chains.

He knows if the fans revolt and stop buying tickets, one of the conference speakers will guilt trip those fans back into attending.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

Is this like the pie scene in Stand by Me?

Lard Ass! Lard Ass! Lard Ass!
          Even if he forgets to put postage on his mail, it gets there.
          His personality is so magnetic he is unable to carry credit cards.
          The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.
          When he was captured by alien beings, they asked him to probe them.

Stay thirsty my friends

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            Oh Great!

[YOUTUBE]4eYSpIz2FjU[/YOUTUBE]
            Last edited by pelagius; 11-17-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
              Oh Great!

[YOUTUBE]4eYSpIz2FjU[/YOUTUBE]
              fixed it for you
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                fixed it for you
                Are pelagius and Jarid in Cedar dupe accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                  Are pelagius and Jarid in Cedar dupe accounts?
                  Shhhhhhhhhh
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

WHether they did or didnt play valiantly really isnt the point. the point is that perhaps Bronco shouldnt have decribed their play in that way. Saying they played valiantly sounds like somehting you would say to a 'plucky' little borhter who was out there flailing around but really couldnt hope to have ahcnace to play with the big kids int heneighboirhood. Did he want to sound that way? then it was a uscess. If not, he should have used a different word, IMO.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

If the Cougars don't play better, they will lose against both AFA and the Utes.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                        If the Cougars don't play better, they will lose against both AFA and the Utes.
                        I don't worry about AFA if they keep the ball on the ground. It's my guess, though, that AFA will pass against us more this game than they have against anybody else all season. At least that would be my game plan.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                        X