Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC... How did the roast go?

What jokes did you use?
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Well, I wussed out and didn't go with your suggestion [PAC's old friend walks into a bar and the bartender says: "Hey we have drink named after you" To which PAC's Old Friend responds "you have drink called "secret fag"?"], but I told it to a few in private and got a combination of major laughs and serious recoil. The roast's target was single until his mid-40's and performed in Vegas night clubs for many years, so the joke would have been viciously on target.

I followed IPU's and others suggestions and watched several YouTube videos of roasts by Dean Martin, Rickles, etc. and ripped off a few jokes. I closed with one of my own and, happily, it got probably the biggest laughs. The target sang at my sister's funeral, and he spoke at my father's funeral a couple of years ago. I noted this solemnly and then, after an appropriate pause, I said, "Now that I think about it, it seems my family would rather die than listen to Richard King."

And I wished I'd watched the Triumph the Insult Dog video (the Hawaiian American Idol one) before the roast, as it had a great zinger I would have stolen: "Yes, you are quite a star, and by star I mean a large, gassy object that is best observed from great distances."

Comment

Working...
    X