One more post on the Vault book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more post on the Vault book

Sorry...I realize people have already discussed this, but it's 5 am, I've been up since 3:30 (thank you, night shifts, for the havoc you wreak on my sleep schedule...) reading this book and it's just awesome. I gave it to my dad for Christmas and he and my mom are staying with is for the next few days, so I decided to get through it quickly.

It's fun to read about the teams my dad played on and see just why he's so proud of the two-year run he had (he played at Dixie for two years before). It's great to get a sense of the history of football at BYU and the background years that set up the first football season I remember following closely, 1983. I still think that 83 team was their best ever.

SU et al. really need to read this book to get an appreciation of just what BYU did in the 70s and 80s. Utah's BCS-busting, while impressive, just pales in comparison; BYU essentially did the same thing for about fifteen years.

Anyway, great read. I would love to see similar books about ND, SC, etc.
    Last edited by ERCougar; 12-31-2008, 04:16 AM.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    Sorry...I realize people have already discussed this, but it's 5 am, I've been up since 3:30 (thank you, night shifts, for the havoc you wreak on my sleep schedule...) reading this book and it's just awesome. I gave it to my dad for Christmas and he and my mom are staying with is for the next few days, so I decided to get through it quickly.

It's fun to read about the teams my dad played on and see just why he's so proud of the two-year run he had (he played at Dixie for two years before). It's great to get a sense of the history of football at BYU and the background years that set up the first football season I remember following closely, 1983. I still think that 83 team was their best ever.

SU et al. really need to read this book to get an appreciation of just what BYU did in the 70s and 80s. Utah's BCS-busting, while impressive, just pales in comparison; BYU essentially did the same thing for about fifteen years.

Anyway, great read. I would love to see similar books about ND, SC, etc.
    I believe they have vault books for about 25 teams right now. My favorite part is the fact that Utah counts the early wins against BYU after BYU had banned football, played all of the games at the U because they wouldnt come to Provo, and they used highschool kids to help fill out the team.
    *Banned*

Comment

I have asked for the Vault Book for my birthday. It can come soon enough and now I have a reason to look forward to being 30 other than the fact that I can say I am a 30 something tagging a hot 20 something.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I have asked for the Vault Book for my birthday. It can come soon enough and now I have a reason to look forward to being 30 other than the fact that I can say I am a 30 something tagging a hot 20 something.
        You got a hand replacement from a younger man?
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
        X