Is Bronco lazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bronco lazy?

He never recruited at New Mexico. He reluctantly did it when he first came here. Does he recruit now?

His time dedicated to practice and game prep is known for being substantially less than other coaches.

Bronco does not seem like the lazy type. I don't imagine he spends a lot of time on the lazy boy vegging out to the TV. So lazy's a bad word. Does he put less time in his job than his peers at other programs? In his words, does he give maximum effort?

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    He never recruited at New Mexico. He reluctantly did it when he first came here.
    Why do you think these two statements are accurate?
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Why do you think these two statements are accurate?
      This was widely discussed when Bronco was hired as a DC. Do you disagree?

Does Bronco recruit now? Serious question. I haven't heard anything on this for a while. I assume he probably does a little but I don't see him as the type to be on a plane every chance the NCAA allows like many head coaches.

Comment

This was widely discussed when Bronco was hired as a DC. Do you disagree?
        Just because it was "discussed" doesn't mean it was true. It is more likely it was very inaccurate heresay that was repeated enough until it was accepted as true.

Does Bronco recruit now? Serious question. I haven't heard anything on this for a while. I assume he probably does a little but I don't see him as the type to be on a plane every chance the NCAA allows like many head coaches.
        Yes. There are multiple TBS articles out there to that effect and multiple posters have had Bronco sightings in SoCal, Hawaii and elsewhere. Bronco nails down most of his commits while the recruits are on campus, so his travels for nailing down the last few commits aren't as frequent, but he does go out and visit current commits as well as uncommitted recruits.

Comment

Just because it was "discussed" doesn't mean it was true. It is more likely it was very inaccurate heresay that was repeated enough until it was accepted as true.

Yes. There are multiple TBS articles out there to that effect and multiple posters have had Bronco sightings in SoCal, Hawaii and elsewhere. Bronco nails down most of his commits while the recruits are on campus, so his travels for nailing down the last few commits aren't as frequent, but he does go out and visit current commits as well as uncommitted recruits.
          That's good to hear. I think you agree with me on the New Mexico issue, you're just being difficult.

Comment

That's good to hear. I think you agree with me on the New Mexico issue, you're just being difficult.
            I don't agree with you about New Mexico. I haven't ever seen anything trustworthy on that subject.

Comment

I don't know whether Bronco is lazy. Sorry!
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Is Bronco a wife-beating drug addict?

These questions must be asked.

(Southpark reference from last night)

Comment

I don't think Bronco is lazy. I think he does everything in his power to spend as much time as possible with his family. It's hard to criticize him for that. Now whether or not that affects his performance as a coach is up for debate.
                  "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                  —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                    I don't think Bronco is lazy. I think he does everything in his power to spend as much time as possible with his family. It's hard to criticize him for that. Now whether or not that affects his performance as a coach is up for debate.
                    In many organizations such a person would be labeled as lazy.

Comment

In many organizations such a person would be labeled as lazy.
                      In many organizations, disorganized and inefficient workers can give the illusion of being hard workers because it takes them twice as long to get stuff done compared to someone who knows what they are doing.

Comment

In many organizations, disorganized and inefficient workers can give the illusion of being hard workers because it takes them twice as long to get stuff done compared to someone who knows what they are doing.
                        It is similar to the young righty who can throw 98 mph, but gets knocked around the park because he doesn't know how to pitch. He sucks, but he sure looks good doing it.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          It is similar to the young righty who can throw 98 mph, but gets knocked around the park because he doesn't know how to pitch. He sucks, but he sure looks good doing it.
                          I thought most Utes claimed Bronco was more of a catcher than a pitcher. I don't know much about these things but it would seem the catcher to be the lazier position.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            I thought most Utes claimed Bronco was more of a catcher than a pitcher. I don't know much about these things but it would seem the catcher to be the lazier position.
                            You need to watch Bull Durham
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I don't think he is lazy at all. I think he just has priorities and the football program isn't number 1 on the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X