Bronco haters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco haters???

at least that is how someone who is critical gets labeled by some of the Cougar faithful. For someone who wants to say I am beating a dead horse, fine, but the fan base conflict is entertaining for me.

Back to criticisms.

Here are some of the criticisms I remember and Bronco standing firm in his decision creating a fan battle.

Not running enough against SDSU. We aren't going to change was the comment and later we started running more.

We can't recruit good enough DB's to run the 3-3-5. We aren't going to change what has worked the previous years was the comment. We went to the 3-4.

Fans wanted recruiting to include more non-LDS and JC's. The pool was going to stay small. We started recruiting more non-LDS and JC's.

One of my favorites scheduling. We were going to follow the Hawaii model and get to a BCS game. We ended up scheduling Oklahoma.

We practice hard enough. Fans who complain get ripped. Players I guess went to Bronco and wanted tougher practices. Practices are now tougher.

I will admit there is also a list of things fans may clamor for that haven't been done and is probably good they weren't.

My point is just because a fan thinks something different than the coach doesn't automatically mean it is idiotic.

It is also a reason I don't really listen to what Bronco says anymore, but watch what he does.

I think last night on the coaches show Wrubbell did a great job of reassuring Bronco most of the fans still like him, which we do.

I wish Art Director, Rise and Shout, Freddy Cougar, Mathew and other "defenders of the faith" were on this board to call me out.
    Last edited by byu71; 11-12-2009, 08:41 AM.

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

I wish Art Director, Rise and Shout, Freddy Cougar, Mathew and other "defenders of the faith" were on this board to call me out.
    If it makes you feel any better I'll pretend to be Mathew. Here goes...<clears his throat>...WAR BRONCO! WAR COUGARS! PISS OFF, 71! IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE BRONCO BANDWAGON THEN YOU'RE NOT A TRUE COUGAR FAN! <bleeds out en route to the Tooele Medical Center from a massive aneurism>
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Gee, what the crap was wrong with my post.

Of course I am one of the few on here who doesn't measure the length of my threads to make up for the length of my vocabulary.

I just thought of something where we could bring all the BYU fans back together and stop the criticism. Let's swap leagues with Boise St. 10 win seasons will mean Championships. Possibily an undefeated season like Hawaii and a trip to the BCS.

With championships, we can all get excited about 10 wins.

Comment

Working...
      X