Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 2009 TCU coat tailing 2008 Utah?

poll
    Yes, 2008 Utah caused a fundamental change in BCS attitudes vis-a-vis the MWC
    50.00%
    No, TCU is no. 4 with a so-so schedule on its own steam
    50.00%
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Honestly, I'd say TCU is enjoying some goodwill paved by previous teams. I wouldn't say it's completely or even mostly 2008 Utah. I'd say it's a long evolution of non powerhouse teams being incrementally more respected over time. BYU, Boise State, Utah and even non traditional BCS teams like Kansas State, Virginia Tech, Louisville, West Virginia, Cincinnati.

Comment

TCU has paved their own way over the course of several seasons.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I'd say TCU is beating teams with winning records, not losing any games, and earning its ranking. I'm a traditionalist that way.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          TCU has paved their own way over the course of several seasons.
          Yep.

Finishing 3 out of 4 seasons in the MWC ranked and playing great football at the end of last season led to the level of respect they got in the polls at the start of this season.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Honestly, I'd say TCU is enjoying some goodwill paved by previous teams. I wouldn't say it's completely or even mostly 2008 Utah. I'd say it's a long evolution of non powerhouse teams being incrementally more respected over time. BYU, Boise State, Utah and even non traditional BCS teams like Kansas State, Virginia Tech, Louisville, West Virginia, Cincinnati.
            I voted Yes but Jay describes how I really feel. TCU is coatailing everyone that went before. Utah played a big part but is not the sole reason.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

TCU's claiming what should have been theirs last season.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I'd say TCU is beating teams with winning records, not losing any games, and earning its ranking. I'm a traditionalist that way.
                Signed,

Mr. "If USC wins out it's guaranteed a BCS bid despite two losses just because it's USC."

That's how you're a traditionalist, not how you said! Or, you'd have agreed with all the computer polls (majority of all polls last year) that ranked Utah no. 1 at season's end.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Signed,

Mr. "If USC wins out it's guaranteed a BCS bid despite two losses just because it's USC."

That's how you're a traditionalist, not how you said! Or, you'd have agreed with all the computer polls (majority of all polls last year) that ranked Utah no. 1 at season's end.
                  If they win out, they will be 10-2 against a pretty nice schedule. The PX is really tough this season. We are not talking about this year's SC team in the NC game...that would be a joke. But a 10-2 SC in the Fiesta Bowl. What's wrong with that? I guess I don't get your response.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

If the Utes win out, they will be 11-1 against a pretty nice schedule. The MWC is really tough this season. We are not talking about this year's Ute team in the NC game...that would be a joke. But a 11-1 Utah instead of 10-2 USC in the Fiesta Bowl. What's wrong with that? I guess I don't get your response.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      I voted Yes but Jay describes how I really feel. TCU is coatailing everyone that went before. Utah played a big part but is not the sole reason.
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        If the Utes win out, they will be 11-1 against a pretty nice schedule. The MWC is really tough this season. We are not talking about this year's Ute team in the NC game...that would be a joke. But a 11-1 Utah instead of 10-2 USC in the Fiesta Bowl. What's wrong with that? I guess I don't get your response.
                        You said in the poll option that TCU plays a so-so schedule, but Utah's is nice?
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I see SU is already trying to soften the blow of a TCU route by arguing Utah is responsible for TCU's exceptional season. Shame on you!

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                            You said in the poll option that TCU plays a so-so schedule, but Utah's is nice?
                            My opinion of SU has changed dramatically since I stopped believing his claims of never trolling.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              Were Utah to beat TCU and BYU its schedule would be nice. Has USC beaten a no. 4 ranked team? How many ranked teams has USC beaten? I know USC has lost to a crappy team. Also, compare scores in the single common opponent (on a common field).

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X