X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest fan take I've seen for a while

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4996953

Specifically, the section on strategy.

Strategy: Bronco has created a core strategy that is both fitting and unique to BYU's core competencies. He's embraced the unique perceived shortcomings of BYU and turned them into strengths. When other teams have to plan for BYU, they have to match the maturity and experience that BYU brings every single year. Every successful business is built on precisely these same principals; creating a mission and strategy so unique that the competition has to make wholesale adjustments to compete. Bronco's strategy is a "disruptive" one (if I can steal the term from Clayton Christensen). The incumbents (the Floridas, Oklahomas, Texas, and USCs of the world) have relied on speed and size for so long that their strategy has reached maturity and now must try to collude (see the BCS) to prevent any other teams from disrupting their position at the top. The market for speed and size has hit a ceiling. College kids are not going to get much faster or bigger, so now they have to make sure that no one else can recruit these qualities to the extent that they can in order to prevent themselves from being disrupted. Bronco approach to college football is revolutionary, and when he succeeds other teams will try to imitate his model. We WILL begin getting the best LDS recruits available and WILL be a force on and off the field.

I read that twice and still haven't figured out what he's saying Bronco's "strategy" is.

Is the strategy being not fast?
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      I read that twice and still haven't figured out what he's saying Bronco's "strategy" is.

I think that is actually Bronco posting that. I could read that eleven times and not understand it.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post

Yes because the effectiveness of strength and speed in college football has hit its limits as an overall strategy and now the BCS powerhouses like USC, Florida, and Texas are forced to use their BCS collusion tactics to maintain their market position.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Yes because the effectiveness of strength and speed in college football has hit its limits as an overall strategy and now the BCS powerhouses like USC, Florida, and Texas are forced to use their BCS collusion tactics to maintain their market position.
          Bronco would respond with this run-on nonsense... "We haven't acknowledged the speed issue and the leverage we feel we get even when we are on the road, that is to say that the execution and consistency which we've shown wouldn't make anyone, even the fans, underestimate the time and energy spent in introducing the players to a unique environment such as BYU."

Thanks coach, I have a headache.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Oh brother. Hey when God is one of your consultants how can you go wrong? What other coach is receiving revelation on the sideline on how to coach the team?
            Maybe that McNaughton Fine Art guy can paint on of these with but Bronco at midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Oh brother. Hey when God is one of your consultants how can you go wrong? What other coach is receiving revelation on the sideline on how to coach the team?
              So if this is exactly how it is at BYU, then I am starting to doubt my testimony. Even God wouldn't allow them to continue to call what they call defensively.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                So if this is exactly how it is at BYU, then I am starting to doubt my testimony. Even God wouldn't allow them to continue to call what they call defensively.
                What? God allows BYU's defensive front seven to give away blitz schemes before the snap and allows BYU's DBs to get burned playing 15 yards off the ball because he is the ultimate teacher. God's message to Bronco: play your base defense and keep everything in front of you. When that doesn't work claim speed doesn't play a factor. He will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  This is the twin philosophical conundrum of the Problem of Evil... The Problem of Poor Execution.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    This is the twin philosophical conundrum of the Problem of Evil... The Problem of Poor Execution.
                    A doppelganger special in Provo.

Comment

This guy knows less than TheGreenRake.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        I think that is actually Bronco posting that. I could read that eleven times and not understand it.
                        If Bronco saw this he would definitely yell "you shut your ass" at you. You get a LOL on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4996953

Specifically, the section on strategy.
                          Very funny stuff.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                          X