Sex in Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex in Church

We got an ad for the upcoming series at this church not too far from our home. I guess they're going for shock value with the picture of the feet in the ad.

http://crosspointfellowship.com/

Some of the upcoming topics:

"The Great Cover-Up -- Everything no one's saying about God, sex, and you."
    "Friends with Benefits"
    "Roommates, Hot Dates, and Future Mates"
    "What Happens in Vegas Never Stays in Vegas"

Why have I never been assigned to speak on one of those topics? Our Church is boring.

In my mission, Darren McArthur from Montana got sent home for having sex with his investigator in the church. He skipped the flight and moved in with her. I was transferred in to replace him. His dad came out to unsuccessfully attempt to talk some sense into him. Her sister (Donna) said Holly always wanted a good Christian boy, and did what she had to do to get one.

Perhaps that saga will be one of that church's themes?

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      We got an ad for the upcoming series at this church not too far from our home. I guess they're going for shock value with the picture of the feet in the ad.

http://crosspointfellowship.com/

Some of the upcoming topics:

"The Great Cover-Up -- Everything no one's saying about God, sex, and you."
      "Friends with Benefits"
      "Roommates, Hot Dates, and Future Mates"
      "What Happens in Vegas Never Stays in Vegas"

Why have I never been assigned to speak on one of those topics? Our Church is boring.
      Do you miss the irony titling your thread as you did then criticizing these churches for going for shock value in their ads?
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Do you miss the irony titling your thread as you did then criticizing these churches for going for shock value in their ads?
        I wasn't criticizing the church, I was complimenting them.

I guess I was inspired by their method -- will this thread make the Top Ten?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          In my mission, Darren McArthur from Montana got sent home for having sex with his investigator in the church. He skipped the flight and moved in with her. I was transferred in to replace him. His dad came out to unsuccessfully attempt to talk some sense into him. Her sister (Donna) said Holly always wanted a good Christian boy, and did what she had to do to get one.

Some missionaries are just better getting investigators to commit then others.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post

I admire the lad for knowing what he wants and having the guts to sacrifice all for it, stupid as it may have been. What became of him?
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I have no idea. During my 4 months there, they moved out of the area.

Comment

These talks are all the rage in megachurches. I really don't like this theme as presented at evangelical churches. At all. It seems to me they only further contribute to the problem, but then again, I'm probably just being difficult.

Incidentally, we have a crosspoint church in my town, too, except we have an e on the end of it: CrossPointe. For some reason the e cracks me up.

Comment

Also, when I saw the title of this thread I was convinced it must be another colorful post from your rather imaginative brother. This is really an egregious instance of false advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    Also, when I saw the title of this thread I was convinced it must be another colorful post from your rather imaginative brother. This is really an egregious instance of false advertising.
                    No kidding. I thought I was gonna get some ammo to convince my wife to fulfill a long time fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      No kidding. I thought I was gonna get some ammo to convince my wife to fulfill a long time fantasy.
                      You have a fantasy to have sex in church???

This reminds me of story. We have a mullahish family whose daughter was caught making out with her boyfriend in the Nursery room during sacarament meeting.

Note: For those don't know <cough barbara gordon cough>. When sacrament meeting is going on the rest of the building is not in use.
                      Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 12-30-2008, 07:37 AM.
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                        You have a fantasy to have sex in church???

This reminds me of story. We have a mullahish family whose daughter was got making out with her boyfriend in the Nursery room during sacarament meeting.

Note: For those don't know <cough barbara gordon cough>. When sacrament meeting is going on the rest of the building is not in use.
                        In HS I was on the Stake Youth Committee my senior year and was the Dance Committee Chairman. Now we usually had pretty good dances and would do tri-stake stuff with stakes from the Antelope Valley and also Ventura Co. But I'd get so bored. Anyway, one of the leaders was getting on my case that I wasn't asking any other girls to dance besides my girlfriend. So I refused to dance at all. My dad, who was my bishop at the time, showed up to be a chaperon. He saw me and my girlfriend sitting and talking above the obnoxious My Sharona! blasting and gave me the keys to his office. So we made out in the bishop's office for a bit and then went back to the dance.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          In HS I was on the Stake Youth Committee my senior year and was the Dance Committee Chairman. Now we usually had pretty good dances and would do tri-stake stuff with stakes from the Antelope Valley and also Ventura Co. But I'd get so bored. Anyway, one of the leaders was getting on my case that I wasn't asking any other girls to dance besides my girlfriend. So I refused to dance at all. My dad, who was my bishop at the time, showed up to be a chaperon. He saw me and my girlfriend sitting and talking above the obnoxious My Sharona! blasting and gave me the keys to his office. So we made out in the bishop's office for a bit and then went back to the dance.
                          Wow! Your stake would allow songs like My Sharona? Our stake dances had a continuous loop of Lady in Red and Howard Jones going on. With My Sharona blaring through the speakers, I am surprised there weren't more of you making out in the halls.
                          Keep a little mystery, kissin' me
                          Runnin' down the length of my thigh, Sharona
                          Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
                          I always get it up from a touch of the younger kind
                          Last edited by marsupial; 12-30-2008, 07:54 AM.
                          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                          -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                            Wow! Your stake would allow songs like My Sharona? Our stake dances had at continuous loop of Lady in Red and Howard Jones going on. With My Sharona blaring through the speakers, I am surprised there weren't more of you making out in the halls.
                            Oh, Lady in Red got airplay also. Our stake actually usually had decent music and our dances were very well attended. The Cure always seemed to get a song or two in the rotation. Dead Man's Party seemed like a favorite as that one sticks out. Devo, Men Down Under, Men At Work. A couple power ballads from the butt rockers of course. Richard Marx was the slow dance king. Lots of non members would show up. A big part of it was we had a lax dress code. Guys had to wear collared shirts but they could wear jeans. Girls didn't have to wear dresses either. If people started getting out of hand they'd turn on the lights which pretty much would cause kids to freeze in place. This only happened a handful of times. I remember we invited the Chatsworth wards up and they all started moshing to Beck's Loser. Weirdos.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Oh, Lady in Red got airplay also. Our stake actually usually had decent music and our dances were very well attended. The Cure always seemed to get a song or two in the rotation. Dead Man's Party seemed like a favorite as that one sticks out. Devo, Men Down Under, Men At Work. A couple power ballads from the butt rockers of course. Richard Marx was the slow dance king. Lots of non members would show up. A big part of it was we had a lax dress code. Guys had to wear collared shirts but they could wear jeans. Girls didn't have to wear dresses either. If people started getting out of hand they'd turn on the lights which pretty much would cause kids to freeze in place. This only happened a handful of times. I remember we invited the Chatsworth wards up and they all started moshing to Beck's Loser. Weirdos.
                              Banned music at our stake dances:

1. A Question of Lust (contains the word "Lust")
                              2. Wild Wild West (apart from being an evil song, it contained the words "give me give me wild west give me give me safe sex)
                              3. Basically anything from Salt n Pepa (Push it was from my HS era, but I am sure Lets talk about Sex was also given the axe in later years)
                              4. Blasphemous Rumors (for obvious reasons)
                              5. Big in Japan (pay then I'll sleep by your side)

Curiously NOT banned at stake dances:

1. Dancing with Myself
                              2. Turning Japanese
                              3. Brand New Lover
                              4. Master and Servant
                              5. A Question of Time

I will also add the most egregious violation of all time that was never banned at stake dances....

White Lines by GMF and the F5
                              Last edited by TripletDaddy; 12-30-2008, 08:08 AM.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X