Big gap in the conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big gap in the conference

The top 3 teams won by a combined score of 152-26.

There is a huge gap between the haves and the have-nots in this conference right now.

U-Ute

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
    The top 3 teams won by a combined score of 152-26.

There is a huge gap between the haves and the have-nots in this conference right now.

U-Ute
    The have-nots in the MWC are really bad. The unfortunate thing is the have-nots make up more than half the conference.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      The have-nots in the MWC are really bad. The unfortunate thing is the have-nots make up more than half the conference.
      Seeing how BYU has played against the haves, maybe it is a fortunate thing.

Comment

I keep hearing about the big 3 and the little 6, but it seems that Air Force shoots a big hole in that dichotomy. They are a perfectly ok team.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
          I keep hearing about the big 3 and the little 6, but it seems that Air Force shoots a big hole in that dichotomy. They are a perfectly ok team.
          It is really the Big 3 then Air Force and then the Little 5.

Air Force is definitely not in the same league as the bottom 5. They are a good team. The bottom 5 are just really bad.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

air force plays every single team well. tcu won narrowly, so did the utes... byu plays them the week before the holy war, which is great scheduling if you're a ute fan.

Comment

TCU

big gap

BYU/Utah/AFA

big gap

everyone else.

1) Despite our successes against them, AFA always makes me nervous, for some reason. They're much better than their record this year.
              2) Double digit favorites don't belong in the same tier.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                TCU

big gap

BYU/Utah/AFA

big gap

everyone else.

1) Despite our successes against them, AFA always makes me nervous, for some reason. They're much better than their record this year.
                2) Double digit favorites don't belong in the same tier.

To be fair, I think there is a lot of uncertainty about how good Utah is this year (although you could argue something similar for BYU given the MOV variance for BYU this year). The TCU game will help resolve that one way or another. However, MOV computer models have BYU/Utah/Air Force all closer to each other than they are to TCU. So you could be right.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                  To be fair, I think there is a lot of uncertainty about how good Utah is this year (although you could argue something similar for BYU given the MOV variance for BYU this year). The TCU game will help resolve that one way or another. However, MOV computer models have BYU/Utah/Air Force all closer to each other than they are to TCU. So you could be right.
                  True. Of course, if we believe Bayes, TCU-Utah will only give a little evidence one way or another.

Sagarin puts TCU well above BYU/Utah/AFA (who are all about the same).
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    True. Of course, if we believe Bayes, TCU-Utah will only give a little evidence one way or another.
                    I don't think Bayes implies that.

Comment

Working...
                    X