X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa cost me 19 confidence points today

Ouch!

But are you really sad?
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

You should have known to never put 19 points of confidence in Iowa. You've been watching their games; they were bound to lose one some time.

Comment

The Rose Bowl just breathed its first sigh of relief. One step closer to not having the Iowa Hawkeyes anywhere near Pasadena on January 1.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

To all those that wasted high confidence points on Iowa, thank you.

Comment

Me too.. but worse, I forgot to put confidence points on BSU and I lost 13 because I accidentaly picked Indiana (although that almost worked to my benefit). I am going to have a horrid week and drop about 10 spots

Comment

I only lost 5. If Oregon loses though it will hurt me.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Looks like I will lose confidence points of 19, 17, 15, and 14. So long #6 ranking!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                  Looks like I will lose confidence points of 19, 17, 15, and 14. So long #6 ranking!
                  I lost 5 games so far today, luckily 3 of them were 6 points and under. My largest was 12.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    The Rose Bowl just breathed its first sigh of relief. One step closer to not having the Iowa Hawkeyes anywhere near Pasadena on January 1.
                    why wouldn't they want Iowa? Iowa travels great. The bigger question is that now that Oregon lost we could see Arizona in the Rosebowl as they are the only pac10 to never go to the rosebowl.
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                      why wouldn't they want Iowa? Iowa travels great. The bigger question is that now that Oregon lost we could see Arizona in the Rosebowl as they are the only pac10 to never go to the rosebowl.
                      this is thread deja vu, but then I realized that this was discussed this in a different thread.

The same reason they didn't want Illinois. Iowa sucks for TV ratings. so does Arizona.

Also, not sure about Iowa crowds. Where have you seen Iowa play on the road? I've seen them play in Florida against SC in the Orange Bowl and they did not travel great. They had a lousy turnout and didn't even sell their entire ticket allotment.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X