User CP issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User CP issue.

Jeff, or anyone else who knows, the way my "subscribed threads" refreshes in my user CP panel changed not too long ago. It used to be that I would go to that screen and it would have all of my subscribed threads that had new messages. If I hadn't logged on in a day, I would get everything from the last day that was new.

Now, however, I can go to bed at midnight and get to my office at 7:30 and it always tells me I have nothing new. Eventually I clicked on "view all subsribed threads" and as I started going through them found that there were many new messages. It seems as though the definition of what is "new" has changed. If something is posted in the last hour or so (just my rough guess) it does show up in user CP as "new." Anything longer, and it is gone. Did something change? I don't believe I touched my settings. It just makes it a little harder since this is the primary way I keep up with threads I have posted in.

TIA to Jeff or anyone who can provide insight. And sorry if this has been discussed.

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    Jeff, or anyone else who knows, the way my "subscribed threads" refreshes in my user CP panel changed not too long ago. It used to be that I would go to that screen and it would have all of my subscribed threads that had new messages. If I hadn't logged on in a day, I would get everything from the last day that was new.

Now, however, I can go to bed at midnight and get to my office at 7:30 and it always tells me I have nothing new. Eventually I clicked on "view all subsribed threads" and as I started going through them found that there were many new messages. It seems as though the definition of what is "new" has changed. If something is posted in the last hour or so (just my rough guess) it does show up in user CP as "new." Anything longer, and it is gone. Did something change? I don't believe I touched my settings. It just makes it a little harder since this is the primary way I keep up with threads I have posted in.

TIA to Jeff or anyone who can provide insight. And sorry if this has been discussed.
    No idea. I can't think of any changes that would have caused this.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
    X