X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone is interested, I will have UFC 92 on at my house

Saturday night at 8pm. I live in Lehi.
    *Banned*

I plan to come. Lets get some picks in. Since I am a total amateur at this, Here is my best guesses from what I have seen so far.

Griffin v Evans - I am taking Griffin. There is just something about what I have seen. The kid is pretty tenacious.

Nogueira v Mir - Mir, his submissions seem unstoppable. I like both these dudes, so I am not really pulled to one or the other. This one might go the distance.

Silva v Jackson - Jackson. This is an emotional pick really as jackson has lost to Silva twice. Plus Silva seems to have been in the game for a long long time so maybe he is losing some strength and quicks. His muay thai is viscious though, which is how he beat jackson the previous 2 times.

I don't know any of the other dudes so hard for me to pick the other match ups.

So there is the rookie view of things. What about some of you experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      I plan to come. Lets get some picks in. Since I am a total amateur at this, Here is my best guesses from what I have seen so far.

Griffin v Evans - I am taking Griffin. There is just something about what I have seen. The kid is pretty tenacious.

Nogueira v Mir - Mir, his submissions seem unstoppable. I like both these dudes, so I am not really pulled to one or the other. This one might go the distance.

Silva v Jackson - Jackson. This is an emotional pick really as jackson has lost to Silva twice. Plus Silva seems to have been in the game for a long long time so maybe he is losing some strength and quicks. His muay thai is viscious though, which is how he beat jackson the previous 2 times.

I don't know any of the other dudes so hard for me to pick the other match ups.

So there is the rookie view of things. What about some of you experts.
      I think Griffin keeps his belt in a 5 round decision that could be controversial.

Silva will KO Jackson.

Nog wins in a late round by TKO, ref stoppage.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone watch the weigh ins? Wanderlei and Rampage got in to it.

Serious bad blood between those two.

I like Forrest but I think Rashad beats him in a 5 round decision.

Rampage knocks out the Axe Murderer

Nogueira beats Mir in round 4 by ground and pound.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Anyone watch the weigh ins? Wanderlei and Rampage got in to it.

Serious bad blood between those two.

I like Forrest but I think Rashad beats him in a 5 round decision.

Rampage knocks out the Axe Murderer

Nogueira beats Mir in round 4 by ground and pound.
          Rashad TKOing Forrest wasn't that much of surprise. Neither was Rampage KOing Wanderlei. That match was whomever landed first. Nog getting dominated by Mir was a huge surprise to me. Never saw that coming in a million years. I think Lesnar will kill Mir in a rematch.

What's with the interim belt thing? I don't get it.

One thing, if I am fighting MMA, I don't want Mazzagatti reffing my match. Geez, I couldn't believe he let Turk get beat up like that by Kongo. Forrest was out too at least 4-5 punches before he stopped that one, though it wasn't nearly as bad the Kongo fight.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Rashad TKOing Forrest wasn't that much of surprise. Neither was Rampage KOing Wanderlei. That match was whomever landed first. Nog getting dominated by Mir was a huge surprise to me. Never saw that coming in a million years. I think Lesnar will kill Mir in a rematch.

What's with the interim belt thing? I don't get it.

One thing, if I am fighting MMA, I don't want Mazzagatti reffing my match. Geez, I couldn't believe he let Turk get beat up like that by Kongo. Forrest was out too at least 4-5 punches before he stopped that one, though it wasn't nearly as bad the Kongo fight.
            I will toot my own horn for calling Mir as the winner. This is one of the most talented guys to ever fight in the heavyweight division. The only question with him is work ethic. I'm really not at all convinced that Lesnar wins the rematch. Lesnar owned the striking the first time but based on what I saw last night I have a hard time thinking he is going to be able to hit Mir at will. Should be a really good fight.

Bring on Rampage v. Evans, that should be fun.

Interim belt was b/c Couture left UFC holding the belt. So an interim championship is fought for. It was won I think first by Silvia, then Nog, now Mir. Lesnar now has Couture's belt and there will be a unification fight.

Oh, and the Axe Murderer is washed up.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              I will toot my own horn for calling Mir as the winner. This is one of the most talented guys to ever fight in the heavyweight division. The only question with him is work ethic. I'm really not at all convinced that Lesnar wins the rematch. Lesnar owned the striking the first time but based on what I saw last night I have a hard time thinking he is going to be able to hit Mir at will. Should be a really good fight.

Bring on Rampage v. Evans, that should be fun.

Interim belt was b/c Couture left UFC holding the belt. So an interim championship is fought for. It was won I think first by Silvia, then Nog, now Mir. Lesnar now has Couture's belt and there will be a unification fight.

Oh, and the Axe Murderer is washed up.
              Mir was talented. Until Saturday night I never saw that same talent though that existed before is motorcycle accident. He completely dominated Nog. I thought Nog would win late when Mir tired as he usually does by submission or TKO.

I am excited for the rematch though. I don't think Mir can handle Lesnar's size or power. I think Lesnar can KO, TKO, or lay and pray Mir for the win. As long as he stays out of Mir's submissions then he will be fine.

Rampage doesn't deserve the title shot yet. He beat a washed up Wanderlei who I thought would KO Quinton just because he has twice before and thought that would play into Rampage's head since he's already a head case. Evans should get the winner of Machida and Silva. That fight will be awesome.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Mirs stand up was outstanding, however he was not in shape. He was sucking wind after 2 minutes. He looked very flabby. This really surprised me, its the biggest fight of his career and he wasnt in shape. But I guess with dominating standup like that he didnt need to be.

Evans is a bad ass but I still hate him.

Rampage has much better stand up now then the first two times he fought Silva, he can thank Juanito for that.
                *Banned*

Comment

Utah Dan called the Mir v Big Nog fight; I never envisioned Mir stopping Nog, but that's how MMA's been the last several years. Mir is going to have his hands full with Lesnar in the rematch.

I'm with CJ, Evans is a bad ass, but he annoys the hell out of me.

Rampage got a measure of revenge; Wandy looked like he was dead as he hit the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
                    Utah Dan called the Mir v Big Nog fight; I never envisioned Mir stopping Nog, but that's how MMA's been the last several years. Mir is going to have his hands full with Lesnar in the rematch.

Rampage got a measure of revenge; Wandy looked like he was dead as he hit the mat.
                    Also for good measure Rampage dropped 3 more bombs on Silvas face.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post

No love for blowing a kiss and grabbing his nutz 2 feet from Forests face?
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        No love for blowing a kiss and grabbing his nutz 2 feet from Forests face?
                        He followed that up with a quick right hook that landed too. Evans is a bad ass and I am liking him more and more. But Griffin is great too. Hard to root against someone as self deprecating as he is.

Speaking of which, I thought Mir's graciousness after the fight and saying he wouldn't have bet on himself either were in stark contrast to his style in the octagon during the fight. He didn't grab his nuts and blow a kiss, but he certainly was cocky and had some swagger.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X