BYU curse on the Aggies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU curse on the Aggies?

Forgive me if this has been posted already, but the DesNews did an article a couple of days ago on how the USU football team seems to be cursed with bad luck. They quoted a USU prof who recounted a local legend that some BYU football player dusted off his feet in Aggie stadium after they upset BYU in 1982 (I attended that game, btw) and said cursing is responsible for their current ineptitude.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...he-Aggies.html

"There was something that happened in 1982," said F. Ross Peterson, a Utah State vice president and professor of history who has studied and taught folklore. "We beat BYU when Steve Young was playing and the score was 21-17. That was a genuine big-time upset."

And, according to a story Peterson said he was told by a USU player, the loss did not sit well with at least one member of the BYU team.

"I guess there was an exchange after the game and it got pretty heated," Peterson said. "I don't know who it was, but I was told that a BYU player got pretty mad and said to a Utah State player, 'I'm going to shake the dust of Logan off my feet and you'll never have a good football team again.' "

The Aggies lost the final four games of that season, the first three of the next and have had only two seasons with a winning record ever since.
    Wow.

USU fans must have zero self respect. That is embarrassing.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-31-2009, 12:08 PM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

No BYU football player curse is needed. It is Logan, for pete's sake.
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Maybe there is something to that curse.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...slip-away.html
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
      X