Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beefy intro

How did you find CUF?
    Some people on CB alerted me to it. I had checked out CG a few times as well.

What do you like about CUF?
    I like how much it has made me think. It has helped me reevaluate the way I see the world and what is important. I still spend a lot of time here, so I guess I haven't completely got my priorities straight.

What don't I like about CUF?

It has made me more critical. I think before CUF I used to look for any good I can take away from anything. I'm hoping to get back to that.

How did you choose your moniker?
    It came from CB. I had a t-shirt that was that brand and I thought it was funny. I believe it was a BYU intermural champion t-shirt, but my memory might be wrong.

My picture comes from my Son's first birthday party. My wife bought it from Walmart and thought it was hilarious. It was on sale for some reason.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?
    I have 2 CS degrees from BYU (BS, MS). For my thesis, I wrote a ray tracer that tried to account for temporal coherence to speed up the animation process.

I have done quite a bit of web development since then, but currently look at a lot of SQL queries all day. It's not my forte, but I don't mind doing it too much. I also worked on a CAD program for a little while.

How many States have you lived in?
    4. Utah, Canada, a student exchange in Germany and a mission in Korea.

What are your sports loyalties?
    BYU football and basketball. I used to like the Dolphins in the NFL but find that college football fills the need these days. Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Montreal Canadiens in Hockey. I've never followed an NBA team for very long. I promised the Jazz I would follow them if they beat Jordan, but it never happened so I never committed. Baseball died to me when the 94 strike killed the Montreal Expos. They would have won it that year.

What's your standing in the church?
    Active, in good standing.

Do you pee in the sink?
    Not one that I brush my teeth in.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
    Depends if they ever figure out the truth about Santa Clause and the tooth fairy.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    Only if it is a Yes/No question.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    It's just who I am.

Greetings.

Welcome beefytee. I am pleased that you decided to introduce yourself with the pellegrino-approved template.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Tnanks for the intro. I have two questions:

You donkow that korea and germany are not states, right (Canada is a closer call)?

ALso, do you mean to suggest that you actually have a sink that is solely for peeing?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        ALso, do you mean to suggest that you actually have a sink that is solely for peeing?
        You are reading a lot into that. All he said was that he didn't pee in the same sink he brushes his teeth in. For all we know, he has a sink set aside for teeth brushing, and he pees in all other sinks.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          You are reading a lot into that. All he said was that he didn't pee in the same sink he brushes his teeth in. For all we know, he has a sink set aside for teeth brushing, and he pees in all other sinks.
          good point. Thanks.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

welcome, beefytee.

I thought your avatar was taken from one of those funny cake websites. I had no idea it was a cake you actually purchased. That is great.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

Comment

A belated welcome beefytee.

Comment

Beefytee is a good dude. He has a son that is constantly trying to run away, but I don't fault him for that. Probably the mother's fault

Comment

Welcome beefytee! Don't ever get your priorities so straight that you stop posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                      Beefytee is a good dude. He has a son that is constantly trying to run away, but I don't fault him for that. Probably the mother's fault
                      He isn't running today. He is barfing.

I assume he caught his bug at Nursery on Sunday, but my apologizes if you come down sick from him.
                      Last edited by beefytee; 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Answer the following question, blah blah blah....

If you had three choices, would you?
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Answer the following question, blah blah blah....

If you had three choices, would you?
                          Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            Yes!
                            We shall be great friends.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Sweet. Another geek. Our numbers are growing.

Good to have you here.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X