No announcement yet.

Why isn't blue turf against the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't blue turf against the rules?

This question has been nagging me. Why are red white and blue basketballs, grease balls, and watering down your football field to trip up an offensive power illegal, but blue fields are not?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    grease balls
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Stop talking about Boise State.

Oh wait, that only applies to Utah fans.

Comment

This question has been nagging me. Why are red white and blue basketballs, grease balls, and watering down your football field to trip up an offensive power illegal, but blue fields are not?
        No the real question is why don't more teams follow suit, especially lower tier teams with no identity?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          Stop talking about Boise State.

Oh wait, that only applies to Utah fans.
          smackdown!!!

First a strong jab to the jaw with my post about SeattleUte cheering for the Ducks....now foyero finishes him off with the haymaker.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

There's no reason it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              There's no reason it should be.
              It's unduly hostile, intimidating and alien?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

It's unduly hostile, intimidating and alien?
                Was that the problem with the BYU bibs?

Comment

Nobody else can do it but with BSU it was grandfathered in. I like how everybody gets so upset with it but really i think they just wish their AD had the balls or brains to do it first.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Nobody else can do it but with BSU it was grandfathered in.
                    What I thought. It is against the rules. So USC couldn't paint their entire field the color of dried blood and piss.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

What I thought. It is against the rules. So USC couldn't paint their entire field the color of dried blood and piss.
                      No. Only one program has the opportunity to do that. Seems fair enough, doesn't it SU?

I wish the NCAA would come out and say that's it. You don't have to tear this field out but it cannot be replaced with a turf that is not some shade of green.

It really is ridiculous that the NCAA allows one school to do it, but forbids others from doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        No. Only one program has the opportunity to do that. Seems fair enough, doesn't it SU?

I wish the NCAA would come out and say that's it. You don't have to tear this field out but it cannot be replaced with a turf that is not some shade of green.

It really is ridiculous that the NCAA allows one school to do it, but forbids others from doing the same.

Boise State: Home of the Smurf Turf (the only turf that is not a tint of green)

SUCK IT!
                        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Working...
                        X