Remember the scene in "Band of Brothers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the scene in "Band of Brothers"

When the Sergeant's of Easy Company, as a group, came before the Battalion Commander in an effort to get rid of Capt. Sobel as Company Commander.

I'd love to see a handful of the veteran Defensive players, come before Mendenhall, and give them a vote of no confidence in Jaime Hill. Considering one of Bronco's themes for the football team is Band of Brothers, he would have to listen and admire the unity in his players.

If Bronco doesn't get rid of Hill this year I don't know if he ever will. With or without Hill the Defense will be getting better because of the coming upgrade in talent over the next few years. I just think the Defense could be that much better without a cancerous Coordinator ruining the show.

Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
    When the Sergeant's of Easy Company, as a group, came before the Battalion Commander in an effort to get rid of Capt. Sobel as Company Commander.

I'd love to see a handful of the veteran Defensive players, come before Mendenhall, and give them a vote of no confidence in Jaime Hill. Considering one of Bronco's themes for the football team is Band of Brothers, he would have to listen and admire the unity in his players.

If Bronco doesn't get rid of Hill this year I don't know if he ever will. With or without Hill the Defense will be getting better because of the coming upgrade in talent over the next few years. I just think the Defense could be that much better without a cancerous Coordinator ruining the show.
    Is Hill really that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      Is Hill really that bad?
      Good question. With all due respect to Hot Lunch who knows a lot more about football than I do, is this defense any worse than Bronco's the last year. If we think the defense sucks, why let Bronco off the hook. Seems Crowtonesque with the Schmidt thing.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        Good question. With all due respect to Hot Lunch who knows a lot more about football than I do, is this defense any worse than Bronco's the last year. If we think the defense sucks, why let Bronco off the hook. Seems Crowtonesque with the Schmidt thing.
        Hill doesn't lack in Football knowledge, I'm confident that he knows exactly what he is doing. I'll even cut the guy a break and admit he has some glaring deficiencies in personnel to work with. As the talent that has been recruited over the past few years filters into the program the Defense can only get better.

Hill needs to go for a handful of other reasons.

#1 Universally hated by everybody, especially his players, with the exception of his family and Mendenhall. I posted this on TBS a few weeks back, and there were as always the blind and ignorant contingency of our fanbase that came to his Defense. After the TCU disaster Saturday night a couple of players were with some of the recruits. One player expressed a desire to transfer at the semester break and the other questioned if it was even worth coming back to play next year.

#2 The man has NO BALLS and takes zero risks. Against TCU, 3rd and 15, he rushes JJ and Denney and drops everybody back into coverage, TCU converts. That shit NEVER WORKS with this Defense, but like a dog to his vomit.

#3 No creativity and deception. When BYU blitzes, it's Clawson from the Boundary side 75% of the time. Has he ever blitzed Bradley or Rich? When BYU lines up in its Defensive set it's the same thing almost every time. DB's in Quarters and LB's in Zone. Every decent QB has a higher than average performance against this garbage.

#4 He took over the Defensive playcalling this year and it hasn't made a difference, so if there's no net gain with him playcalling and running the Defense, why keep him?

#5 Where's the Oklahoma game Defense? The one that was aggressive, deceptive and physical. He must have grown tired of playing effective, exciting Defense, like a dog to his vomit I guess.

His sorry ass needs to go for the sake of BYU Football.
        Last edited by Ruby Soho; 10-27-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Everything the defense did last year was based on the coverage that Hill called. Hill would tell Bronco what coverage he wanted and then Bronco would call the front so Hill was basically calling the D last year. He made all the game plans as well.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I agree with Ruby Soho. Hill's defense isn't aggressive enough. I wonder why he took advice to change things for Oklahoma, but went back to his game plan for the rest of the season. The Oklahoma game convinced me that our problems on defense aren't due to a lack of talent or personnel--it's the scheme. Sure our defense wasn't perfect, but the aggressive play took some pressure off our weaknesses. The fact that Hill refuses to make any changes bothers me, and I think we see the results of his stubbornness in last season and this season.
            Not that, sickos.

Comment

I'm not up on this stuff as much as I used to be. But my first reaction to this is that if Hill is truly as bad you suggest, then it makes me very doubtful any correction can be made under Bronco. Bronco's thing is defense. There was no way Bronco was turning over that defense to anyone unless he trusted him completely. So if Hill is truly running the show and he's truly that incompetent, then the problem is bigger than you suggest.

Comment

Working...
              X