Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ♥ Mike Leach

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...friends-remark

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach remained unrepentant about a comment made after the Red Raiders’ 52-30 loss to Texas A&M where he said his team had listened to “their fat little girlfriends” rather than respecting the talent of the Aggies before the game.

Originally posted by Mike Leach
    As coaches, we failed to make our coaching points more compelling than [the team's] fat little girlfriends. For one thing, their fat little girlfriends are telling them what they want to hear, which is ‘how great you are’ and ‘how easy this is going to be.’

We had a bunch of people who wanted to win the football game, but nobody really wanted to play in the football game. That defies every level of work ethic that exists in regard to football.

As coaches, we have to solve our failure on reaching them and the players have to listen. I’m willing to go to fairly amazing lengths to make that happen. I don’t know if I will be successful this week or not, but I’m going to try. There will be some people inconvenienced, and if that happens to be their fat little girlfriends, well that's too bad.
    lol.

When can we get him up here at BYU?

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
      He likes pirates too much. He is holding for when Whitt is gone.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Mike Leach cracks me up. I love that guy. His dating advice killed me.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Mike Leach cracks me up. I love that guy. His dating advice killed me.
          Leach isn't exactly slender himself (at least, his face looks chubby to me). That's great stuff.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
            Are you suggesting he can only go to schools with fat girlfriends?

Hey, you said it, not me.

U-Ute

Comment

This is an embarrassment. All you people that are laughing at this are kind of messed up, frankly. It's garbage.

If you have a child someday, you'll understand how it feels. But you obviously don't have a child. I do. If your child goes down the street and somebody makes fun of him because he dropped a pass in a pickup game or says he's fat, and he comes home crying to his mom, you'd understand. But you haven't had that.

Are you guys kidding me? Where are we at in society today? Come after me! Im a man! Im 40! Im not a kid! Write something about me! Or JeffLebowski.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                This is an embarrassment. All you people that are laughing at this are kind of messed up, frankly. It's garbage.

If you have a child someday, you'll understand how it feels. But you obviously don't have a child. I do. If your child goes down the street and somebody makes fun of him because he dropped a pass in a pickup game or says he's fat, and he comes home crying to his mom, you'd understand. But you haven't had that.

Are you guys kidding me? Where are we at in society today? Come after me! Im a man! Im 40! Im not a kid! Write something about me! Or JeffLebowski.
                Ohmygosh what a clever post! IIRC, it's a riff off the coach from Oklahoma State. Okay, I'll try one.

It's Division 1 football! It ain't intramurals. It's the Big 12. Go play intramurals brother.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Ohmygosh what a clever post! IIRC, it's a riff off the coach from Oklahoma State. Okay, I'll try one.

It's Division 1 football! It ain't intramurals. It's the Big 12. Go play intramurals brother.
                  you tried to this on cougarguard and I totally dominated you. I advise you go to back to the muffin thread.

sigpic

Comment

you tried to this on cougarguard and I totally dominated you. I advise you go to back to the muffin thread.
                    I play to win the game!

Comment

You know, it's funny, I was thinking of the Mike Gundy rant when I saw the Mike Leach rant. Then I thought of MikeWaters. Something about guys named Mike I guess.

Comment

I play to win the game!
                        By 2 or by 9?

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                          By 2 or by 9?
                          I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            You know, it's funny, I was thinking of the Mike Gundy rant when I saw the Mike Leach rant. Then I thought of MikeWaters. Something about guys named Mike I guess.
                            I agree. Something special about them.

sigpic

Comment

I don't get it.
                              Glad to see the hypnosis worked.

Do you remember 2001, or were just 2002-2004 wiped out?

Comment

Working...
                              X