This is a win-win game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a win-win game

No, I didn't put any money on TCU. But if TCU beats BYU, they'll win out, and the computer rankings will put them ahead of BSU at the end of the season. TCU goes to a BCS game and we get our cut of money (and the MWC gets the national spotlight again over the WAC). If BYU wins, we can hope for a Vegas Bowl and the WAC gets the press at the end of the year.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    No, I didn't put any money on TCU. But if TCU beats BYU, they'll win out, and the computer rankings will put them ahead of BSU at the end of the season. TCU goes to a BCS game and we get our cut of money (and the MWC gets the national spotlight again over the WAC). If BYU wins, we can hope for a Vegas Bowl and the WAC gets the press at the end of the year.
    I don't think anyone will go undefeated in the MWC, personally. But it would be nice if someone would. I believe after the three top teams have all played, we are going to be scratching our heads and how each look so good against one and so lack luster against the other. I don't see any blowouts and I think they are all toss ups.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
      I don't think anyone will go undefeated in the MWC, personally. But it would be nice if someone would. I believe after the three top teams have all played, we are going to be scratching our heads and how each look so good against one and so lack luster against the other. I don't see any blowouts and I think they are all toss ups.
      Both TCU and the BYU have yet to play that team from Salt Lake. Just reminding everyone not to count those chickens before they hatch, not to put that cart before the horse, etc.
      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
        Both TCU and the BYU have yet to play that team from Salt Lake. Just reminding everyone not to count those chickens before they hatch, not to put that cart before the horse, etc.
        Sorry, but I can't pick Utah in Fort Worth this year. TCU wins this, they win out.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
        X