Santos ranking #30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santos ranking #30

The other computer models don't refresh until after the bowl season, so if you trust my model, you'll have to wait. But I won't be too far off.

#30. Let's be real about who we were this year. We were closer in power rating to the 2005 5-6 team than we are to the top 10.

1-3 against top 50 teams with our best win against #45 Air Force.

Unless we schedule better than SOS #108, we shouldn't brag about our 10 wins or point to them as evidence that it was a good season.

We don't agree very often, but you nailed it on this one.

The reality is while being a 10 win team,,,we were dangerously close to being a 6 win team.

We could've easily lost to Washington, UNLV, Colorado State and Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
      The reality is while being a 10 win team,,,we were dangerously close to being a 6 win team.

We could've easily lost to Washington, UNLV, Colorado State and Air Force.
      I could have sworn I'd seen you in the best-teams-win-the-close-ones camp before.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
        I could have sworn I'd seen you in the best-teams-win-the-close-ones camp before.
        and that changes how we could've easily been a 6 win team how exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
          and that changes how we could've easily been a 6 win team how exactly?

Thanks in advance.
          Did I err in interpreting your previous comment to mean there's a difference between a team that wins the close ones (10 wins) and one that does not (six wins)? I understood it to mean that BYU would have to be a different football team to have failed to pull out those wins and therefore "easily could have been" would not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
            Did I err in interpreting your previous comment to mean there's a difference between a team that wins the close ones (10 wins) and one that does not (six wins)? I understood it to mean that BYU would have to be a different football team to have failed to pull out those wins and therefore "easily could have been" would not apply.
            To the point of post and intent, I think it would be more accurate to say BYU was really close to being a 6 win team, switching out UCLA, Washington, Norther Iowa, and USU for four higher ranked teams, putting our overall schedule more similar to peers in the top 50.

Anyone's a few bad breaks from a couple more losses (or couple more wins).

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              The other computer models don't refresh until after the bowl season, so if you trust my model, you'll have to wait. But I won't be too far off.

#30. Let's be real about who we were this year. We were closer in power rating to the 2005 5-6 team than we are to the top 10.

1-3 against top 50 teams with our best win against #45 Air Force.

Unless we schedule better than SOS #108, we shouldn't brag about our 10 wins or point to them as evidence that it was a good season.
              I think #30 is probably a little bit high. Where is Arizona in your computer model?
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
              X