Alabama-Tennessee thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama-Tennessee thread

This is becoming my favorite SEC rivalry. Before plans fell through, this was the Bama game I was initially going to attend, but things worked out.

Anyway, the first salvo of the week came when Alabama AD Mal Moore denied Tennessee's request to wear their home orange jerseys in Tuscaloosa this Saturday.

And I'll take any excuse to post this video:

[YOUTUBE]Vt2BAfhUHX0[/YOUTUBE]
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Go Big Orange!

[YOUTUBE]frWKvHUMGII[/YOUTUBE]
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

See the funny thing is that most Bama fans really hate Tennessee, and dislike Auburn. mainly because Auburn fans are our brothers while UT are from a foreign land and they despise everything Bama. And they wear their gear everywhere, head to toe. I was at Carlsbad Caverns a year or so back and there were about a dozen Vols in their clothes.

I hate them because they hate us and they are trashy.

Comment

But now the Cyborg intended to replace Lane Kiffin has said that Bama is better than Florida. First, all is forgiven and I love Tennessee now, just as long as good triumphs over hillbilly by 2 touchdowns or more. Second, shouldn't he wait to play both teams to make that judgment?

Comment

So just to clarify, is this 9-3 halftime score indicative of an overrated #1 team or of a classic SEC epic defensive battle for the ages? Wanted to prepare myself for the media explanations this evening and the inevitable new SEC team to enter the Top 10.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            So just to clarify, is this 9-3 halftime score indicative of an overrated #1 team or of a classic SEC epic defensive battle for the ages? Wanted to prepare myself for the media explanations this evening and the inevitable new SEC team to enter the Top 10.
            Well obviously, it's just further proof of the depth of the SEC.

Comment

I'm enjoying listening to Rocky Top over and over.

Go VOLS!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking Tebow's back on top tomorrow.

Comment

wow. what a great game!

Comment

Crud

Comment

UT probably deserved to win this game. They really outplayed us. But still, Roll Tide.

Comment

I have seen the final blocked FG a dozen times like everyone else now. Should it not have been a penalty of 15 yards on the guy that blocked the FG for ripping off his helmet?

SEC games sure are battles, I remember when UCLA pounded Tennessee in Knoxville. Probably a lot harder to man handle them if you are ranked #1 and at home.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          I have seen the final blocked FG a dozen times like everyone else now. Should it not have been a penalty of 15 yards on the guy that blocked the FG for ripping off his helmet?

SEC games sure are battles, I remember when UCLA pounded Tennessee in Knoxville. Probably a lot harder to man handle them if you are ranked #1 and at home.
                          It probably should have been a penalty. Tennessee's quarterback seems to have pulled his head out of his posterior and be performing pretty well in comparison to earlier in the season.

Comment

I watched this game on TiVo. Bama's redzone offense is pathetic. And Ingram picked one hell of a time to fumble for the first time in his career.

Thrilling. The Vols came to play. Both defenses are legit. There have been ugly low-scoring games in the SEC this year, but I think this was well-played.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                              See the funny thing is that most Bama fans really hate Tennessee, and dislike Auburn. mainly because Auburn fans are our brothers while UT are from a foreign land and they despise everything Bama. And they wear their gear everywhere, head to toe. I was at Carlsbad Caverns a year or so back and there were about a dozen Vols in their clothes.

I hate them because they hate us and they are trashy.
                              LOL...I saw the same thing in Dallas this year (at Six Flags...another LOL). I kept wondering if they were playing Texas or something.
                              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                              X