How would you handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you handle this?

I bought two season tickets this year with the expectation that I would see three games, FSU, TCU, and Utah, and let my brother use the rest of the tickets. I've really been looking forward to this weekend's game, and I planned to fly my wife and myself in on Saturday morning and back out on Sunday.

Life is full of twists and turns, and I find out this Sunday that the primary is doing their program this coming Sunday in sacrament meeting. My wife is definitely a no-go; no way is she missing that program. I'm caught in the position of trying to weasel my way into going to the game, and trying to convince my wife it's okay. I know my kids couldn't give two pieces of crap about whether I see their program, but I think their mom cares.

Any ideas on how to pull this one off?
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

I just skipped an NLCS game to set up folding chairs, so I'm not your guy on this one.

Good luck.

ps I agree that Primary programs are not terribly monumental. Ours is this weekend, too. I wonder if it is national?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I just skipped an NLCS game to set up folding chairs, so I'm not your guy on this one.

Good luck.

ps I agree that Primary programs are not terribly monumental. Ours is this weekend, too. I wonder if it is national?
      No ours is in November.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

No idea when ours is, although we had Stake Conference last weekend so that was a nice bye week.

Cowboy your kids wont care, attend the game.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          No ours is in November.
          It would be cool to do a nationwide primary program, similar to Hands Across America. Primary kids all over the country will simultaneously be saying things at the pulpit that they don't quite know to be true, but someone is kneeling next to them telling them to say it. Cute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Good luck.

And you were richly blessed with a Dodger win. Are you headed to Utah this weekend?
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Where are your seats. If they are good enough, I could probably help you out so you can do the right thing and catch the primary program.

Comment

How long of a drive is it?

Would an all-nighter drive be enough to satisfy the wife?

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Would an all-nighter drive be enough to satisfy the wife?
                  That would require a lot of stamina.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

...and I find out this Sunday that the primary is doing their program this coming Sunday in sacrament meeting.
                    Just as a side note... I'm pretty sure the program was scheduled for this coming Sunday several months ago, if not long before that.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      That would require a lot of stamina.
                      LOL, literally.

Comment

Ours is Sunday and it actually affected our decision to leave for Oregon as we both wanted to be here for the program. But Gidget and me both teach in the Primary and wanted to support the efforts of our Primary President who gets little help from anyone else.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          And you were richly blessed with a Dodger win. Are you headed to Utah this weekend?
                          still working on it. it will be the mother of all evasive actions....

Factors:

1. My MIL is flying into town Thurs for the weekend. She and my wife are going to some annual Halloween craft show. I agree a long time ago to watch the kids (part of the quid pro quo of my going to Dallas and Columbus last month).
                          2. My mom is already watching my brother's boys on Saturday because my brother will be at the SC/Oregon State game

Non Factors:

1. Primary program on Sunday (sorry cowboy! you're a better man than I)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post

Any ideas on how to pull this one off?
                            I cant recall how many kids you have. Canyou take one of the older ones (if you haveone) to the game to get some parenting credit?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I'm no numbers guy, but wouldn't skipping the game have the effect of adding another 1/3 to the cost of the games you've attended and/or plan to attend? In these tough economic times you can't afford not to attend.
                              There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                              Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                              And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Working...
                              X