21 Wisconsin
    22 Arizona
    23 West Virginia
    24 South Carolina
    25 Kansas
    http://msn.foxsports.com/id/10238202_37_1.pdf

Average Computer Rank:
    Utah 14, BYU 25

If TCU wins out will they surpass BSU? Also, what is the rule that the BCS must take the highest ranked team? Or just a non-AQ in the top 12?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

SC still gets to play 2 teams on this list. If they win out, they should be close.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

FWIW, in last year's first BCS standings, Florida was #10, and none of the top 3 made the title game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs/_/week/1

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          FWIW, in last year's first BCS standings, Florida was #10, and none of the top 3 made the title game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs/_/week/1
          Nice, being #11 is a good position then. I just read in the paper today that Masoli's local tsunami relief effort sent 35,000 lbs of food. He is like the Samoan Tim Tebow.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            If TCU wins out will they surpass BSU? Also, what is the rule that the BCS must take the highest ranked team? Or just a non-AQ in the top 12?
            An unbeaten TCU would jump an unbeaten Boise in the computer polls, not sure about the human polls. I'd assume they would move up in the human polls with impressive wins at BYU and Utah.

The higher ranked team will earn the automatic selection, while the other will have to hope for an at-large selection.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              I think the pollsters are getting weary of BSU playing a 1980s Big West level of competition and TCU will eventually pass them if TCU remains undefeated. BSU dropped a spot or two in the polls due to narrowly beating Tulsa. Hawaii is the only losable game left for Boise and that's pushing it.

The rule I'm pretty sure is the highest ranked non-AQ team. That's why I was pissed that Tulsa couldn't pull off the upset. BYU still has a really good chance at getting into a BCS game if Boise would just lose and BYU wins out.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                Hawaii is the only losable game left for Boise and that's pushing it.
                They can't look past Idaho! (mostly because there is no one on their schedule worth looking past to) Go Vandals!
                "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Working...
                X