Live Blogging Utah vs. UNLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Blogging Utah vs. UNLV

So, I decided pretty much anyone with a keyboard and a basic understanding of English has live blogged a sporting event. I mostly meet both of those requirements, so what the hell.

I chose this game for two very important reasons, maybe only understood by those familiar with the art of live blogging - (1) Utah is possibly going to work UNLV, so I need something to keep my attention and (2) My wife and her children are away from the home this evening.

Despite ample use of Lysol and Scentsy flameless candles, as the game creeps closer the stench of 2007 hangs thick in the air. Bad omens abound. Can it happen again? How desperate are the Rebels? How ready are the Utes? Is Frank Summers over three bills yet?

Oh boy, here we go:

8:01pm - Our talent tonight is James Bates and Todd Christensen. Todd is on fire, looking beyond dapper in some sort of leisure jacket fashioned from dead animal. Also, he's just finishing his dinner during his first take. Live cameras caught him by surprise, I guess. James seems to have extra makeup in the Super Macho Man chin cleft, and the Beck to Harline afterglow still twinkles faintly in his eyes.

8:02pm - Our first set of commercials on the Mountain. We start off with Office Shop, Inc, Wyoming's Canon Dealer. You can't walk down the street in cities like Tulsa without tripping over a Canon dealer, and now even Wyoming has one. What's the world of office equipment coming to? Other commercials from this break are one from the US Department of Defense and three from something called the Mountain West Sports Network.

8:05pm - The third member of our team - Molly Sullivan!!! ROWRR! Rumor has it she'll be riding a mechanical bull in the fourth quarter if the game gets out of hand. Molly is looking more and more manufactured, in my humble but highly accurate opinion, like she's applying her makeup with an industrial grade putty knife. But who am I to judge?

8:06pm - First shot of Mike Sanford. Looks fired up, pacing like Darth Maul. Bad omen. The only thing that's helping limit the stench of 2007 right now is that Mike Sanford, for some reason, looks like Michael Scott.

8:08pm - Channing Trotter's bio photo looks like the drawings of Harriett Tubman in my third grade history book.

8:09pm - David Epperley, lead official, doing his best Trent Lott impression. I expected an "N" word or something there, but no luck. As usual, however, David is out to screw the Utes. Bad omens. What is that stench?

8:12pm - We have an Andrea Lloyd sighting! I love the commercials on the Mountain! Man Hands Lloyd, looking as earnest as ever. I'll be she carries Marius Payton around like a sack of potatoes during breaks.

8:14pm - Utah's first offensive play. Fumble, John Peel. SCREW THIS LIVE BLOGGING AND SCREW UNLV!!!!!

The end.

Good stuff. I would have read more.

As I was switching back and forth between Florida-Arkansas in HD and the BYU game in super low-def, I was thinking about how much unintentional comedy is in most of these mtn. broadcasts.

Toby Christensen and Beau Morgan usually just make me cringe and change the channel. I'm almost embarrassed for those guys they are so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

As I was switching back and forth between Florida-Arkansas in HD and the BYU game in super low-def, I was thinking about how much unintentional comedy is in most of these mtn. broadcasts.

Toby Christensen and Beau Morgan usually just make me cringe and change the channel. I'm almost embarrassed for those guys they are so bad.

I wonder how he got a job on the network?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

How cheesy is that shot of the two studio guys sitting in recliners watching the game?

And I posted in the week 7 thread, but in-between the AFA/Wyo game and BYU/SDSU game, they were showing a re-run of that Numbers show. A re-run. In the middle of a Saturday full of college football.

Pathetic.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I wonder how he got a job on the network?
          Great broadcasting talent. How else would one get hired by a network like the Mtn?
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Great broadcasting talent. How else would one get hired by a network like the Mtn?
            First LOL of the day. One imagines Wayne and Garth in the basement.

Comment

Working...
            X