Utefans, are we still in the hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utefans, are we still in the hunt?

If the Utes win out, including at BYU and TCU, might they still go to a BCS bowl?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

you are a one-hit wonder.

your last season was a fluke. your abilities this season have been underwhelming, almost non-existent.

You have been reduced to asking general questions to the populace at large. what has happened to you?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      you are a one-hit wonder.

your last season was a fluke. your abilities this season have been underwhelming, almost non-existent.

You have been reduced to asking general questions to the populace at large. what has happened to you?
      I wasn't asking you.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        If the Utes win out, including at BYU and TCU, might they still go to a BCS bowl?
        No. The sooner we all come to realize that the BSU Broncos are in the BCS this year, the happier we will all be.

Also, if the Utes win out, including at BYU and at TCU, I will join Weight Watchers. I am serious. I will also enroll for a class at Shapes Total Fitness for Women, and I will wear a Speedo to my first session.

I like these Utes. I really do. 5-1 right now is a real accomplishment for these guys. However, they haven't beaten a team near the realm of "Good" yet. I think they could beat one of BYU/TCU, but I'm expecting two more losses somewhere this year, if not to both of them.

If they beat AFA, that's a good team. Then we're talking. But I still won't rush right out Speedo shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Senioritis View Post
          No. The sooner we all come to realize that the BSU Broncos are in the BCS this year, the happier we will all be.

Also, if the Utes win out, including at BYU and at TCU, I will join Weight Watchers. I am serious. I will also enroll for a class at Shapes Total Fitness for Women, and I will wear a Speedo to my first session.

I like these Utes. I really do. 5-1 right now is a real accomplishment for these guys. However, they haven't beaten a team near the realm of "Good" yet. I think they could beat one of BYU/TCU, but I'm expecting two more losses somewhere this year, if not to both of them.

If they beat AFA, that's a good team. Then we're talking. But I still won't rush right out Speedo shopping.
          You are ignoring my prediction that the Idaho Vandals will beat Boise.

Also, you have betrayed a conflict of interest in this post. How can I give your prediciton any credence?

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Yes, they definitely could.

Comment

You are ignoring my prediction that the Idaho Vandals will beat Boise.

Also, you have betrayed a conflict of interest in this post. How can I give your prediciton any credence?
              I didn't realize you had made a prediction. All right, I'd like to strike from the record everything I wrote above about BSU in light of this horrific oversight. BSU will not go to the BCS.

Based on that, yes, we still have a chance.

Wherein is my interest conflicted?

Comment

I didn't realize you had made a prediction. All right, I'd like to strike from the record everything I wrote above about BSU in light of this horrific oversight. BSU will not go to the BCS.

Based on that, yes, we still have a chance.

Because if you lose yu have to join curves for women, etc.

Comment

You will be required to join weight waters, etc. if they win out.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Also, if the Utes win out, including at BYU and at TCU, I will join Weight Watchers.

You and Kyle. He is waaaaay ahead of the curve on his annual "stress-of-the-season" weight gain. He always slims down in the off season, but puts it back on with regularity over the course of the season. Except this year, he is at the midpoint of the season where he usually is during the Holy War.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      You and Kyle. He is waaaaay ahead of the curve on his annual "stress-of-the-season" weight gain. He always slims down in the off season, but puts it back on with regularity over the course of the season. Except this year, he is at the midpoint of the season where he usually is during the Holy War.
                      Katy has a special talent for meanness in covering her team's rival that makes me envious. She has seized on Boylen's somewhat inelegant mannerisms (he comes form a working class background, FYI) and dismissed him as a clodhopper.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Absolutely. If BYU beats TCU and the U wins out, beats BYU (which I think may happen), then the U could be in the hunt, especially if the posers at BSU keep looking overrated.

Comment

This bold vow has pushed me almost to the point of cheering for the Utes from here on out. If BYU loses Saturday, I'm probably all in. I'll even pop for the leopard skin Speedo.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            This bold vow has pushed me almost to the point of cheering for the Utes from here on out. If BYU loses Saturday, I'm probably all in. I'll even pop for the leopard skin Speedo.
                            I know of a gold lame (forgive me not know how to properly accent) that could be attained.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              I know of a gold lame (forgive me not know how to properly accent) that could be attained.
                              Let's go with that, then. I'll also provide a foil-wrapped zucchini a la Nigel Tufnel.

Comment

Working...
                              X