Heard this from a player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard this from a player.

Many team members were getting tired of the Hall, Collie and Pitta focus. That's all the talk was about the first part of the season and it made it look like the other players had no influence on the outcome of games.

Quite a bit of resentment.

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
    Many team members were getting tired of the Hall, Collie and Pitta focus. That's all the talk was about the first part of the season and it made it look like the other players had no influence on the outcome of games.

Quite a bit of resentment.

That's just bullshit.

But everything I've seen and heard reflects very poorly on the coaching staff, and this would be another example. It's the coach's job to make it clear and credible that every player is crucial to the team's mission.

Did the USC players lose their focus and passion because Leinart and Bush grabbed all the headlines? Did UT resent Vince? Did the Sooners lose heart at the end of this season when it became all Heisman this and Obrien that?

Either the players are just making (poor) excuses to account for poor performance...or, if the players truly felt that way, that draws into question Bronco's ability to inspire, impassion, and unite his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      That's just bullshit.

But everything I've seen and heard reflects very poorly on the coaching staff, and this would be another example. It's the coach's job to make it clear and credible that every player is crucial to the team's mission.

Did the USC players lose their focus and passion because Leinart and Bush grabbed all the headlines? Did UT resent Vince? Did the Sooners lose heart at the end of this season when it became all Heisman this and Obrien that?

Either the players are just making (poor) excuses to account for poor performance...or, if the players truly felt that way, that draws into question Bronco's ability to inspire, impassion, and unite his team.
      Agreed.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Agreed.
        Actually it was Austin Collie that had to give a motivational speech during one of the recent half times to get the team inspired. I don't recall which game but it was documented in the newspaper.

Problem is that Bronco bought into his own hype. And the players reflect what their HC says and does.

Comment

Actually it was Austin Collie that had to give a motivational speech during one of the recent half times to get the team inspired. I don't recall which game but it was documented in the newspaper.

Problem is that Bronco bought into his own hype. And the players reflect what their HC says and does.
          That was the AF game.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

That was the AF game.
            A player has to give the half-time speech? Now you're seeing part of the problem.

Comment

A player has to give the half-time speech? Now you're seeing part of the problem.
              I am okay with Bronco not being the rah-rah type. LaVell wasn't either. What I am not okay with is players not being prepared and then every reason coming down to lack of execution. Well maybe if you practiced a little more and a little harder then you'd be able to execute coach.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

I am okay with Bronco not being the rah-rah type. LaVell wasn't either. What I am not okay with is players not being prepared and then every reason coming down to lack of execution. Well maybe if you practiced a little more and a little harder then you'd be able to execute coach.

What is the strategy to execute better? Practice, maybe?!

Supposedly for having one of the most experienced OL in the country (and the best by some reports), no way in hades should they have had as many penalties as they did.

Lack of execution is the fault of the coaches who refuse to practice this bunch. Hades, some of the players had to go to the coaches and ask them if they could practice more. How pathetic is that?

BTW......Bronco makes Lavell look like a rah-rah type.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  That's just bullshit.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4307874

Comment

Working...
                  X