Bronco v. the BCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco v. the BCS

Interestingly enough, I wanted to look at Bronco's record versus BCS teams. In 14 games, BYU is 6-8, or 42%. While it isn't terrible, I don't think it is where we would like to be.

Amazingly enough, the average points for BYU is 23.7 (332 total points) to 23.7 (333 total points) for the BCS teams. This includes bowl games, where BYU is 2-2. BYU has only lost one game to a BCS team where they gave up less than 20 points (to Arizona in 2006). In fact, of the 6 wins against BCS teams, 5 of them came when giving up less than 20 points. (The one outlier is the Washington game from last year). BYU has scored in double digits against every BCS team they have played EXCEPT Bronco's first game v. Boston College.

In games decided by 10 points or less against BCS teams, BYU is 3-5. Of their last 7 games against BCS teams, 5 were decided by 10 points or less, and BYU won 3 of those games. Over the last three season, BYU is 5-3 against BCS teams, including a win over #3 Oklahoma, and a loss to a then #13 ranked UCLA team. That is a .63 winning percentage against the BCS, which isn't terrible. The average score of those games was 25.5 to 21.8.

Games in which BYU has scored 24 points or more against BCS teams under Bronco they are 3-2. They are 2-0 in games where they score over 30. They are also undefeated all-time (amazingly enough) when BYU scores over 24 points, and holds their opponents under 24. Go figure.

Against the ACC, BYU is 0-3.
    Against the Big 12, BYU is 1-0.
    Against the Pac-10, BYU is 5-4.
    Against Independant BCS schools, BYU is 0-1.

I say stay away from the ACC, and bring on more Big 12 schools!!!

Comment

Since the BC game of 2006, Bronco is 6-3 vs BCS teams.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I would love to see BYU take on some Big East schools. There's no better way to show that you are the dominant conference than by going head to head.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
          I would love to see BYU take on some Big East schools. There's no better way to show that you are the dominant conference than by going head to head.
          All MWC schools need to play Big East schools. I think Colorado St and Wyoming would beat UConn and Rutgers, and SDSU could beat Syracuse, depending on location. Nevermind TCU/WVU or BYU/USF.

I'd like to see Utah go to an SEC school, but continuing to pwn the Big East is also nice. You're next, Pitt!
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
          X