BMs arrogance cost BYU the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMs arrogance cost BYU the game.

BYU is absolutely a better team than Arizona. However, you just can't expect to win a bowl game by practicing 6 times when the other team is practicing 14 times. Arizona has talent and BYU just wasn't prepared.

I am not saying I think that BM is a bad coach, because I think he is a solid head coach. However, I think he took a small step back this year with his whole we practice less approach.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    BYU is absolutely a better team than Arizona. However, you just can't expect to win a bowl game by practicing 6 times when the other team is practicing 14 times. Arizona has talent and BYU just wasn't prepared.

I am not saying I think that BM is a bad coach, because I think he is a solid head coach. However, I think he took a small step back this year with his whole we practice less approach.
    I think his lack of depth was a huge concern this year. My guess is he thought he was better with a slightly prepared starter than a well prepared backup.

What hurt this year more than anything was Hall's poor play the last two games. Bronco and his staff bear some culpability for that. The second issue with this year was the poor LB play. He should have known that his LBers were poor and found better ones a year or two ago for this year. I am still in the camp that thinks the poor LB play hurt more than the poor secondary play.

Saying that, something did not go right this as ever since the UCLA game the BYU execution was entirely too inconsistent for the amount of experienced talent. The stupid penalties and meltdowns was not a sign of a well coached team.

Sometimes it comes together better than others. In some ways I think the fact that he only lost the games to decent teams, given how poor his defense was, indicates that the team might have slightly overachieved.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post

Every coach (except perhaps BM) mentions that one of the benefits of playing in a bowl game is the practice time it gives their team not only for the bowl but for the next season.

For the life of me, I don't see how the pansy strategy of Bronco benefits anyone.

Comment

Watching Bronco this year, he just doesn't seem like he enjoys his job...and I know that some of that is a front, but the guy just doesn't seem like he's having any fun. With all that talent, you'd think he'd want to "coach 'em up."
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          Watching Bronco this year, he just doesn't seem like he enjoys his job...and I know that some of that is a front, but the guy just doesn't seem like he's having any fun. With all that talent, you'd think he'd want to "coach 'em up."
          BM does like his job! He just doesn't like game day, dealing with fans, long practices, practices in pads, half-time speeches. He does like firesides and management 101 speeches.

Comment

Working...
          X