PDA

View Full Version : The BYU defenders showed class on the last play...

UtahDan
12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
When the kid from Arizona broke the Pac10 receiving record. That is a situation where they could have felt offended with the game already decided but immediately after the catch half a dozen white jerseys where in there congratulating him. I thought that was impressive.

YOhio
12-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Though it looked like they were just patting him on the back, they were really trying to tackle him.

Surfah
12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Though it looked like they were just patting him on the back, they were really trying to tackle him.

That's how BYU tackles.

Goatnapper'96
12-20-2008, 09:35 PM
When the kid from Arizona broke the Pac10 receiving record. That is a situation where they could have felt offended with the game already decided but immediately after the catch half a dozen white jerseys where in there congratulating him. I thought that was impressive.

It was a petty thing for AZ to do, IMO. It reminded me of putting Doug Jolley back in against AF in 2001.

myboynoah
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM
It was a petty thing for AZ to do, IMO. It reminded me of putting Doug Jolley back in against AF in 2001.

You and LA need to pull the string.

RockyBalboa
12-21-2008, 09:42 AM
That play actually summed up the entire year for me regarding the BYU team.

No fight and no pride.

So much for the "I'll be damned if this happens on my watch" mantra.

Sorry,,,I was channeling Archaea for a brief moment.

venkman
12-21-2008, 12:00 PM
That play actually summed up the entire year for me regarding the BYU team.

No fight and no pride.

So much for the "I'll be damned if this happens on my watch" mantra.

Sorry,,,I was channeling Archaea for a brief moment.

Agreed, I was hoping we'd take his head off.

Back in the 70's LaVell put Marc Wilson (I think) in for one last play against Utah to break a record. Wayne Howard was absolutely livid and proclaimed his eternal hatred towards BYU. Now the utes sucked, but I think they have actually beat the Y the next year.

Maybe one of the old guys here can confirm this story. Il Pad?

il Padrino Ute
12-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Agreed, I was hoping we'd take his head off.

Back in the 70's LaVell put Marc Wilson (I think) in for one last play against Utah to break a record. Wayne Howard was absolutely livid and proclaimed his eternal hatred towards BYU. Now the utes sucked, but I think they have actually beat the Y the next year.

Maybe one of the old guys here can confirm this story. Il Pad?

I remember Howard going off like he did, but I don't remember the year. I do know that that Utes won in '78, so you may be correct.

TripletDaddy
12-22-2008, 07:59 AM

I did something similar. In the 4th quarter, I took my BYU gear off and put on some Arizona gear, instead. I wanted to be a good host to all the visiting fans.

Bear Down!

Donuthole
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I did something similar. In the 4th quarter, I took my BYU gear off and put on some Arizona gear, instead. I wanted to be a good host to all the visiting fans.

Bear Down!

First Down!

Hot Lunch
12-22-2008, 09:53 AM

Bear Down!

DDD was also sporting U of A flags on his car while doing 55 mph traveling north to Utah County on I-15 yesterday. :)

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-22-2008, 06:24 PM

I thought us not showing up and playing was a great missionary moment for the team. All the UofA fans I saw were really impressed with how selfless we were. I think we planted a lot of seeds Saturday night!

Babs
12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I thought us not showing up and playing was a great missionary moment for the team. All the UofA fans I saw were really impressed with how selfless we were. I think we planted a lot of seeds Saturday night!

I was impressed with Bronco.
As best as I can figure he doesn't want to risk too much success on the field because he's storing his treasures in heaven. Now there's a man who lives by faith.

il Padrino Ute
12-23-2008, 11:39 AM
I was impressed with Bronco.
As best as I can figure he doesn't want to risk too much success on the field because he's storing his treasures in heaven. Now there's a man who lives by faith.

Nice angle. I like that.