Social Group Suggestion ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Group Suggestion ...

Is anyone interested in a Social Group for creative writing? I am happy to set it up and start a discussion. Social Groups of course are viewable by all board members like other public forums but we can confirm who is really interested and I am willing to create a separate, password protected forum at a private Web address as a sort of ‘writers workshop’ where invitees can share and collaborate.

If interested boardmail me and I will start it up and if there is no interest so be it.

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    Is anyone interested in a Social Group for creative writing? I am happy to set it up and start a discussion. Social Groups of course are viewable by all board members like other public forums but we can confirm who is really interested and I am willing to create a separate, password protected forum at a private Web address as a sort of ‘writers workshop’ where invitees can share and collaborate.

If interested boardmail me and I will start it up and if there is no interest so be it.
    The Sword and Pen didn't make the trip from CG?

Comment

I like the idea of a creative writing group on CUF. I don't like the idea of Tooblue hosting it on a separate site, primarily because I don't think it would get enough traffic to be useful (I doubt I would visit much, but if it were part of the CUF interface I would definitely participate).

Maybe a social group isn't the answer. If there were enough interest, I think it would best be a private forum like the Speakeasy.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        I like the idea of a creative writing group on CUF. I don't like the idea of Tooblue hosting it on a separate site, primarily because I don't think it would get enough traffic to be useful (I doubt I would visit much, but if it were part of the CUF interface I would definitely participate).

Maybe a social group isn't the answer. If there were enough interest, I think it would best be a private forum like the Speakeasy.
        The only purpose of hosting it privately elsewhere is to ensure any work posted is done in a non public setting for review and discussion. Many publishers consider work posted on a public forum 'published' and ergo the right of first publishing is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
          The only purpose of hosting it privately elsewhere is to ensure any work posted is done in a non public setting for review and discussion. Many publishers consider work posted on a public forum 'published' and ergo the right of first publishing is lost.
          A private sub-forum like the Speakeasy would still be considered a public forum? How would your site be any less public than CUF, a privately owned site with password protected content?

Comment

Well TB, it appears that no one else is interested. We will have to continue working on our respective screen plays without the benefit of CUF.

Comment

Well TB, it appears that no one else is interested. We will have to continue working on our respective screen plays without the benefit of CUF.
              Are you so sure I have not received any boardmails?

Comment

A private sub-forum like the Speakeasy would still be considered a public forum? How would your site be any less public than CUF, a privately owned site with password protected content?
                It would not be a Web site with a proper domain name -- merely a secure place where those few interested could post their writing, read and maybe comment ... it's an issue we had to deal with in the pen and sword that I would propose tackling in a different way.

I'm not opposed to a forum here but the entire structure of this board would have to change and like you I am not in the inner circle as it were.

Comment

I'm interested tooblue.

Can the board support secondary private forums that people know about and can gain entrance to upon request/application?

Comment

I would be interested.. even though I suck at writing.
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I would also be interested.
                      *Banned*

Comment

I'm in. I've wanted to try something like this, but haven't really had to courage or motivation. I have a co-worker who always does Nanowrimo and it seems like she really enjoys it.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          I'm in. I've wanted to try something like this, but haven't really had to courage or motivation. I have a co-worker who always does Nanowrimo and it seems like she really enjoys it.
                          I will create the social group later this evening and then if we want it to be considered and potentially created as a private forum here we can petition the committee and see what they say. I will also try to find an easier way of sharing our writing -- the whole sending one another's writing by email the last time around was clumsy.

Comment

sounds cool! but I agree-- could you CUF-ify it?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              sounds cool! but I agree-- could you CUF-ify it?
                              We will have to start something and see where it goes. I'll start the social group up tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X