Way-too-early MWC award discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way-too-early MWC award discussion

OPOY: Max Hall. Senior QB, leads a proficient offense, Cougs will finish no worse than 9-3. Pretty easy choice.
    DPOY: Robert Johnson. Jerry Hughes is the other choice. Too close to call right now.
    Coach: if Gary Patterson goes undefeated, it's his. Otherwise, barring a major collapse, it has to go to Dave Christensen, right?

Other picks?
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Rojo will probably be first team all MWC if he keeps up his stellar play, but he won't be DPOY...there are just too many other "career" guys to chose from.

If TCU beats Utah and BYU, Dalton will get it, if BYU beats TCU and Utah, Hall will probably get it, althogh I agree with Junkie, it's Unga all the way.

David Reed should be a first teamer...and going into this season he was probably a 3rd teamer at best. Given the talented receivers in this conference, that would be a big accomplishment.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

how long have Ute fans been calling this kid "RoJo?"

I did a quick search on CUF and I came up empty. Is this his first season with the team?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

I did a quick search on CUF and I came up empty. Is this his first season with the team?
        Since he won MWC DPOW after the UCLA win in 2007.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

3rd season. He's made some spectacuar plays at times and has been MIA at other times.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Austyn Carta-Samuels, Freshman of the Year.

The kid is nails.
            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
            …
            Tomorrow is Saturday
            And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

I think Unga should win OPOY. Just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                Since he won MWC DPOW after the UCLA win in 2007.
                really? I don't follow conference awards, so I have no clue that he won it. I had just noticed last week or so that people here were referring to "RoJo" and I had never heard that, so I did a search to see if I wasn't paying attention. There weren't any references to him on CUF at all last season. maybe on cougarguard, not sure.

sigpic

Comment

really? I don't follow conference awards, so I have no clue that he won it. I had just noticed last week or so that people here were referring to "RoJo" and I had never heard that, so I did a search to see if I wasn't paying attention. There weren't any references to him on CUF at all last season. maybe on cougarguard, not sure.
                  Just curious why does the nickname matter? I have heard him referred to as Rojo for a while now. Mainly because it is easier to type Rojo than it is Robert Johnson, just like BJ was easier to type.

Besides USCs Rojo is hurt so nobody cares about him anymore.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    OPOY: Max Hall. Senior QB, leads a proficient offense, Cougs will finish no worse than 9-3. Pretty easy choice.
                    DPOY: Robert Johnson. Jerry Hughes is the other choice. Too close to call right now.
                    Coach: if Gary Patterson goes undefeated, it's his. Otherwise, barring a major collapse, it has to go to Dave Christensen, right?

Other picks?
                    If Unga stays healthy he should get OPOY. When he is healthy and grooving, BYU's offense takes on a different dimension. If his pinkie would heal to the point he could catch the ball.....

I think if either BYU, TCU or Utah go undefeated in conference their coach is COY. For Christenson to win it he should win 5 games. If his only losses are to the big 3 he could make a run if there is no undefeated champ.

DPOY: Scott Johnson.....NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Just curious why does the nickname matter? I have heard him referred to as Rojo for a while now. Mainly because it is easier to type Rojo than it is Robert Johnson, just like BJ was easier to type.

Besides USCs Rojo is hurt so nobody cares about him anymore.
                      He will be playing this Saturday against Notre Dame. He will also probably be drafted in the first couple of rounds, so some still care.

sigpic

Comment

He will be playing this Saturday against Notre Dame. He will also probably be drafted in the first couple of rounds, so some still care.
                        I am guessing that Utahs "Rojo" will also be drafted in the first couple of rounds as well.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          I think Unga should win OPOY. Just my take.
                          My problem with Unga over Hall is that Unga did not even play in BYU's biggest win of the season, while Hall led a clutch, game-winning, TD drive. Also, Hall, in comparison to others at their respective positions, is better than Unga.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            My problem with Unga over Hall is that Unga did not even play in BYU's biggest win of the season, while Hall led a clutch, game-winning, TD drive. Also, Hall, in comparison to others at their respective positions, is better than Unga.
                            This is really a down year for MWC running backs, Harvey is leading in every category and that is after not playing in the first 2 games.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              This is really a down year for MWC running backs, Harvey is leading in every category and that is after not playing in the first 2 games.
                              I'm hoping to see Eddie Wide III pull a Mack and get a 1,000 yards this year. I think he can easily do it. You're right though, it's Unga and then everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X