BYU-UNLV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU-UNLV Thread

After watching that throw by Clayton I will in fact miss Max Hall next year. Wow, that was bone headed throw but a great pick by Pendleton.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Speaking of missing people next year, I'm going to miss Harvey. When he's healthy he is as complete of a back that I've ever seen at BYU.

Kicking game looks better tonight. Two touchbacks on kickoffs. Is that a first this season?
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
      Speaking of missing people next year, I'm going to miss Harvey. When he's healthy he is as complete of a back that I've ever seen at BYU.
      I agree. Harvey will probably go down as the best back in BYU history.

And Pitta. I will also really miss Pitta. He makes a lot of what we do on offense possible by causing a safety to pay extra attention to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        I agree. Harvey will probably go down as the best back in BYU history.

And Pitta. I will also really miss Pitta. He makes a lot of what we do on offense possible by causing a safety to pay extra attention to him.
        Good point. I'm curious who will step into the TE roll next year. Brown is more like George than Pitta. The Friel is on a mission I think. I know we've recruited well at TE the last couple of years, but it's going to be tough to replace both Pitta and George. Especially when Pitta is the key to the rest of the offense opening up.

Comment

I remember the Mahina kid was pretty highly touted as a TE coming out of HS. He may move to DE though if I remember right. Richard Wilson from Spanish Fork as well but I think he is mission as well.

The more I think about it, the more I am realizing how important having two good TEs are to what BYU does. Broncos first two years we had Coats and Harline. We were very lucky to replace them with Pitta and George. I know we have recruited well but we don't have experience coming back because at least Pitta produced pre-mission and I remember George impressing on he practice squad.

Having big bodied guys that can both block and cause mismatches in the passing game are absolutely huge.

Comment

Well, so much for the kicking game improving. Ugh.

Comment

Well, so much for the kicking game improving. Ugh.
              Fuh.

Comment

I remember the Mahina kid was pretty highly touted as a TE coming out of HS. He may move to DE though if I remember right. Richard Wilson from Spanish Fork as well but I think he is mission as well.

The more I think about it, the more I am realizing how important having two good TEs are to what BYU does. Broncos first two years we had Coats and Harline. We were very lucky to replace them with Pitta and George. I know we have recruited well but we don't have experience coming back because at least Pitta produced pre-mission and I remember George impressing on he practice squad.

Having big bodied guys that can both block and cause mismatches in the passing game are absolutely huge.
                I think the Bingham kid is back also. I think he'll be more of the blocker type than Pitta/Harline/Lewis type. Plus just off his mission. Replacing the TE's next year is going to be a major task. I wonder if some of those big WR's we have turn into TE's next year.

Comment

I'm starting to feel back for the UNLV defense. They're going to get worn out before halftime.

Unga is a man.

Comment

Did I mention I'm going to miss Unga next year?

Comment

Did we really just squib kick? LOL.

Comment

I think the Bingham kid is back also. I think he'll be more of the blocker type than Pitta/Harline/Lewis type. Plus just off his mission. Replacing the TE's next year is going to be a major task. I wonder if some of those big WR's we have turn into TE's next year.
                        Austin Holt. I knew I was forgetting somebody. Not sire who the receiving threat will be but I am feeling better about the pipeline.

Comment

Did we really just squib kick? LOL.
                          Maybe kicking it out of bounds isn't a terrible option.

Comment

Might be the best series of Scotty Johnson's safety career.

Comment

Austin Holt. I knew I was forgetting somebody. Not sire who the receiving threat will be but I am feeling better about the pipeline.
                              The pipeline is solid, but absolutely no experience. I was hoping we'd see Brown in games, and maybe we will later in the year. George and Pitta are playing so well it is impossible to break into the rotation though.

Comment

Working...
                              X