Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You all can go to hell, I'm going to Laramie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You all can go to hell, I'm going to Laramie.

Since it's snowing again, I have nothing better to do and I'm a bit of an unknown quantity, here are my answers:

How did you find CUF?
    I received a boardmail over on CG inviting me to stab the creator of that board in the back. I've always been a sucker for treachery so here I am.

What do you like about CUF?
    The naked wrestling

What don't I like about CUF?
    Everyone's too damn reasonable and willing to listen to other's point of view.

How did you choose your moniker?
    The first sports message board I frequented was the GoWyoGo board. One night after about 3/4 of a bottle of rye I decided to start posting. Posting, of course, requires a board name so I mashed together my occupation (landman) and Pokes and added an "ie" for good measure. Landmanpokie was born. A couple of days later when I sobered up I realized that booze had, for the first time in my life, failed me. On every subsequent board I've frequented I've used the more sober and formal "landpoke." The goal, after all, is to be taken seriously.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?
    Professional: Assure that my children and my children's children live in a world much, much darker and hellish than the world we currently inhabit.
    Personal: Drink, golf, drink, fish, drink, hunt, drink, read, drink and drink.

How many States have you lived in?
    4.25: Oregon, New Mexico, Wyoming, District of Columbia, Colorado

What are your sports loyalties?
    THE University of Wyoming. Rip 'em up, tear 'em up, give 'em hell WY-O!
    I also follow the Denver Broncos and am a fanatical, to the point of rediculousness, COLORADO ROCKIES fan! ROCKTOBER you sum-bitches.

What's your standing in the church?
    I visited Temple Square once and an ex-girlfriend of mine ended up converting and marrying one of you folks. To my knowledge the two are not related.

Do you pee in the sink?
    Yes. It all goes to the same place.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
    Is alcohol a drug? If so then yes.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    I find Wuap's questions to be superficial and derivative, but sure.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    A) Inbreeding. B)Since the dawn of time.
    Last edited by landpoke; 10-09-2009, 02:44 PM.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

You forgot to list the Colorado Rockies in your sports loyalties. Do I need to put your name in a smaller font?
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
      You forgot to list the Colorado Rockies in your sports loyalties. Do I need to put your name in a smaller font?
      I'm still in an alcoholic haze after yesterday's victory, cut me some slack. (Oh and fixed.)

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
        I find Wuap's questions to be superficial and derivative, but sure.
        We shall be great friends. Someone finally passed the test.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I'm still in an alcoholic haze after yesterday's victory, cut me some slack. (Oh and fixed.)
          Sorry, I didn't mean to jump all over you. I'm just a little discouraged at the tepid response to Rocktober here on CUF. I have to remind myself it is populated mostly by BYU fans.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Cross examination:

How come you know the lyrics to Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree?

Comment

landpoke has increased my love of Wyoming and the Beavers, I find myself worried about the Wyoming game every Saturday now, it took an amazing person to do that. pokie you are one of the best!

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              Sorry, I didn't mean to jump all over you. I'm just a little discouraged at the tepid response to Rocktober here on CUF. I have to remind myself it is populated mostly by BYU fans.
              Isn't Rocktober where bad radio stations have crapy countdowns of cheesy metal songs? Why would CUF be pumped up about that?
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Cross examination:

How come you know the lyrics to Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree?
                The controversy created by that song, and its playing at BYU games, has rent the very fabric of you people's society. Unfortunately, ever since I was a wee bairn I've been cursed with the ability to sense disturbances in Mormondom, so there's no way I could not know that song.

Plus my daughter was singing it the other day when I picked her up from pre-school. I gotta get her out of that pinko italian school.
                Last edited by landpoke; 10-09-2009, 03:41 PM.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  landpoke has increased my love of Wyoming and the Beavers, I find myself worried about the Wyoming game every Saturday now, it took an amazing person to do that. pokie you are one of the best!

Isn't Rocktober where bad radio stations have crapy countdowns of cheesy metal songs? Why would CUF be pumped up about that?
                  Wyoming, and to a lesser extent The Oregon State University, are like a fungal infection. Once they get under your toenails there's no shaking them without some very expensive pills.

And you're right about rocktober. We're talking about ROCKTOBER, there's a difference.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

You all can go to hell, I'm going to Laramie.
                    You say that as if those are two separate places.
                    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                      You say that as if those are two separate places.
                      I think you must have read that too fast and assumed I was not paraphrasing but rather quoting verbatim ("You all can go to hell, I'm going to Texas." Davey Crockett to the citizens of Tennessee after they voted him out of Congress.)

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

I thought you were paraphrasing Brigham Young when he told Abraham Smoot that he could either go to Provo or go to Hell (or, allegedly, to Texas).
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I think you must have read that too fast and assumed I was not paraphrasing but rather quoting verbatim ("You all can go to hell, I'm going to Texas." Davey Crockett to the citizens of Tennessee after they voted him out of Congress.)
                          No, I just didn't know there was a difference between Laramie and hell.
                          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                          -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

Comment

Texas, Laramie, Hell...they all have their similarities but Laramie stinks the worst...and I am referring to the actual smell.

Comment

Working...
                              X