PDA

View Full Version : SipiTau...LEGGO MY FANGUPO!

Goatnapper'96
12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/

Never underestimate the draw of the chance to participate in firesides to the Brethren of the Third Cheek of the Kingdom!

GO MY SON...GO AND CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN...MAKE YOUR PEOPLE PROUD OF YOU! OOOOUHOOOOUHOOO-OO, OO-OO

TripletDaddy
12-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Been a tough week for SC.

#1 TE Morrel Pressley from SoCal just switched his commit from SC to fucla.

I guess he wants to play in the Emerald Bowl.

Clark Addison
12-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I want to be excited about this, and I may be wrong, as I don't follow recruiting, but in the last 5 to 7 years have we ever beaten USC for a recruit? I know we have had our hopes up before, but it just never seems to work out.

LiveCoug
12-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I want to be excited about this, and I may be wrong, as I don't follow recruiting, but in the last 5 to 7 years have we ever beaten USC for a recruit? I know we have had our hopes up before, but it just never seems to work out.

Was Ben Olsxn offered by USC? :)

Jeff Lebowski
12-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Now I am hoping that Xavier Sua'Filo defies logic and does the same thing.

smokymountainrain
12-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Was Ben Olsxn offered by USC? :)

Wasn't Ofa Mohetau the top or one of the top OL prospects in the country? SC must've offered him, right?

TripletDaddy
12-19-2008, 10:16 AM

There is REAL possibility this year with Manti Teo. SC has one more visit with him at the end of January for the Under Armor game. Either way, it looks like we are down to SC or the Y.

Sizzle
12-19-2008, 10:18 AM

What about Todd Watkins? I know he had USC ties with his brother playing there, and I know his brother told him to go someplace that he could be "the man" where as at USC he would have been a 2nd to 3rd string guy most likely.

I know we've lost on Havili, Kavenga and a few others.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Wasn't Ofa Mohetau the top or one of the top OL prospects in the country? SC must've offered him, right?

That worked out well.

smokymountainrain
12-19-2008, 10:30 AM
That worked out well.

Did he ever even start at Tech? Gotta love the crapshoot that is recruiting 17 year olds.

Hot Lunch
12-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Did he ever even start at Tech? Gotta love the crapshoot that is recruiting 17 year olds.

I don't think that he did and I think he was kicked off the team as well.

PaloAltoCougar
12-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I enjoyed reading this news in that same article concerning a dance-off:

ESPN captured footage of the stomping football players and will air it during the Las Vegas Bowl. BYU's four players were Brandon Howard, Michael Reed, Brandon Bradley and Terrance Hooks.

Think about who they could have asked to show off their dance moves, and this shows Bronco can evaluate talent. Let's hope their tenure along the Wasatch Front hasn't affected them adversely.

9jTM4ZOa69U

SipiTau
12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/

Never underestimate the draw of the chance to participate in firesides to the Brethren of the Third Cheek of the Kingdom!

GO MY SON...GO AND CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN...MAKE YOUR PEOPLE PROUD OF YOU! OOOOUHOOOOUHOOO-OO, OO-OO

As a Trojan Family member, I would love to see 'Loni climb the mountain as a god fearing, cardinal & gold ass kicker.

As King of the Third Cheek, I would like him to go where his heart tells him to go, be it SC, or BYU.

cougjunkie
12-20-2008, 12:43 AM
As a Trojan Family member, I would love to see 'Loni climb the mountain as a god fearing, cardinal & gold ass kicker.

As King of the Third Cheek, I would like him to go where his heart tells him to go, be it SC, or BYU.

SipiTau you posted about him several months ago, does his lack of production at Mt Sac this year have anything to do with him possibly not going to SC?

RockyBalboa
12-20-2008, 10:20 AM
On WeareSC.com today they're saying the scuttlebutt is that he's re-committed to the Trojans.

MarkGrace
02-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Short artilce on Fangupo's combine workouts. Would be nice to see him gt a shot with a team.
https://www.examiner.com/byu-cougars-in-provo/byu-football-hebron-loni-fangupo-completes-nfl-scouting-combine-workouts

falafel
10-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice article on Fangupo making the Steeler's roster and on his path to football.

The drive-thru turned out to be just the start. Not long after his experience at Jack In A Box, Fangupo remembers the first time his uncle took the family out for dinner. The place was called Hometown Buffet, a popular all-you-can-eat restaurant in California. After cleaning his plate, Fangupo watched as his cousins went back for more food. He was confused, because going for more was something you never did on the farm. Once the concept of all-you-can-eat was explained it to him, Fangupo said he had found his happy place.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Taking-the-long-way/b829ea62-161e-4873-a633-d7312df8e009

MarkGrace
10-10-2013, 01:28 PM
“I remember getting off that freeway when I first arrived in America, and we stopped at a Jack In The Box. We drove up to a window. My uncle asked what I wanted to eat, and I still only spoke a little English. I asked him if there are chickens or lambs there, and he said they had hamburgers, and that hamburgers came from a cow. I had never eaten cow that was shaped in a circle before, and when I took a bite of it, let me tell you I had hearts flying around my eyes. I fell in love right away.”

haha

CardiacCoug
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice article on Fangupo making the Steeler's roster and on his path to football.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Taking-the-long-way/b829ea62-161e-4873-a633-d7312df8e009

That's a great article. Hope he gets some playing time and can stay in the league for a few years at least.

Omaha 680
10-11-2013, 05:50 AM
Jack in a Box? Wasn't that an SNL skit?

YOhio
10-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Fantastic article. Thanks for posting, falafel.

Topper
10-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks for posting. Interesting journey.