Long belated Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long belated Introduction

I've never formally introduced myself though I have been here since the beginning. In keeping with recently established tradition, I offer the following responses to the standard questions.

How did you find CUF?
    I think I've been here from the very beginning. I posted rarely on Mike Water's site and came over with everyone else when the split was made, though I wasn't involved in any of the drama. I only occasionally posted here for the first several months of its existence.

What do you like about CUF?
    The mix of Cougar and Ute fans without too many Zoobs and Zoots.

Encouragement to exercise

Fiyero's avatars

What don't I like about CUF?
    The vbulletin format stinks.

Fiyero's avatars

How did you choose your moniker?
    First started posting on the BYU internets when I lived in Kansas City.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?
    Engineering and marketing for a ground improvement and specialty foundation contractor. I used to work at home. Now I work in an office alone. I like to eat lunch at new places. I like to play around with my ancient RV. I take boy scouts camping, and thankfully they include my oldest son so it is not so dreadful as it otherwise would be.

I recently started cooking and grilling more. I'm trying to get more fit.

How many States have you lived in?
    Seven. Texas, New Jersey, Pensylvania (mission), Kansas (twice), Utah, Virginia, Missouri.

What are your sports loyalties?
    I'm a BYU fan and a MWC follower. I grew up watching the hey-day of BYU football on Saturdays at the local Stake Center with my Dad and brother. I have followed the Cowboys and Chiefs for NFL, Lakers and Jazz for NBA, and the Royals for MLB at different times in my life, but these days I really only care about BYU and the rest of the mountain west conference for both football and basketball. I probably follow Utah almost as closely though I don't root for them.

What's your standing in the church?
    I hope my standing is okay, at least my judge in Israel has never said anything to me. Have you heard something?

I'm an active and believing member. I try to worry about my own salvation.

Do you pee in the sink?
    Shower, yes. Sink, never.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
    Uh, no.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    I'm hoping for something automotive related - maybe how to tell a 67 Camaro apart from a 68 Camaro.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    I type half of a lot of posts.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
    What are your sports loyalties?
    I have followed the ...Lakers...for NBA
    welcome!!!!

:clap:
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

How did you choose your moniker?
      First started posting on the BYU internets when I lived in Kansas City.
      Are you the guy from the old cougar-net email days whose wife was a KC cheerleader and was always pimping some local FB prospect that BYU passed on who turned out to be a bust? Though I think he (you?) was attending med-school if I recall correctly.

Comment

Welcome, as if as a junior member I'm qualified to welcome anyone.
        At least we have another guy from the construction industry in an futile effort to off-set all the lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Are you the guy from the old cougar-net email days whose wife was a KC cheerleader and was always pimping some local FB prospect that BYU passed on who turned out to be a bust? Though I think he (you?) was attending med-school if I recall correctly.
          Nope. I started with Shamrock's Cougartalk then migrated over to byuboard in the early days there.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            welcome!!!!

:clap:
            Don't get so excited. He never said he liked the Lakers, just that he followed them. He also said
            I probably follow Utah almost as closely though I don't root for them.

Also, thank you, kccougar, for using the pellegrino-approved, BYUGuy-adapted template for your intro.
            Last edited by TheBYUGuy; 10-08-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Sadly, as a kid I cheered for the showtime Lakers. I've since repented.

Comment

A long belated welcome

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Belated or not you are welcome . I am pleased you chose the pellegrino approved template to introduce yourself.
                  Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                  God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                  Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
                    I'm hoping for something automotive related - maybe how to tell a 67 Camaro apart from a 68 Camaro.
                    On March 19, 1286, Scottish King Alexander III died after being thrown from his horse. Unfortunately, due to deaths, the heir to the throne was his 3-year-old daughter, Margaret, Maid of Norway (daughter of Alexander's sister). Due to her claim upon the throne, the Guardians of Scotland could not claim the throne, because Margaret's Father, King Eric of Norway could've married her to Edward I (Longshanks) of England and united the kingdoms under one nobility (merging the peerages with the throne). When she finally was sent to Scotland in 1290, she died during the voyage. This sent Scotland into chaos, with several groups using armed force in attempted coups. The Scottish Guardians appealed to Edward Longshanks to protect the Scottish nobility. He played this into the title Overlord of Scotland in return for using the threat of his military to enforce his final decision as to who should lead Scotland. Since Edward wanted to assert control over the entire island, his chosen heir at first let him have a role in Scottish politics, but as he represented a new and unwelcome intrusion into Scots affairs, King John renounced his fealty to Longshanks and allied himself with France. Longshanks invaded to stake his claim. Andrew Moray was among the military resistors of the English invasion, and he allied his armies with William Wallace's. Moray died of his wounds suffered in battle at Stirling Bridge, for the cause of Scottish independence. The Scots would ultimately cast the English out for a few centuries after the disastrous (for the English) Battle of Bannockburn against the forces of the weak Edward II. Mel Gibson immortalized this struggle in his movie Braveheart. Mel Gibson starred in What Women Want wherein he can hear women's thoughts, and this allows him to make love to Marisa Tomei's character to the absolute erotic ecstatic precision of pleasure because he can hear her thoughts. In My Cousin Vinny, Marisa Tomei's character is called to the witness stand, because, ostensibly, she can tell if a metallic mint green 1963 Pontiac Tempest or a 1964 Buick Skylark made tire tread marks in a photograph. Now everyone knows that it was the Tempest because the car that made those two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You cannot make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark! Marisa Tomei won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for this role, but controversy has always surrounded the award because the accusation was made that someone else won, but that Jack Palance was confused when he tried to read the name and read Tomei's since she was the last one on the teleprompter. Ignoring the fact that the Price Waterhouse boys would've immediately corrected such a mistake, among the nominees in that category in 1992, who should've won?
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      On March 19, 1286, Scottish King Alexander III died after being thrown from his horse. Unfortunately, due to deaths, the heir to the throne was his 3-year-old daughter, Margaret, Maid of Norway (daughter of Alexander's sister). Due to her claim upon the throne, the Guardians of Scotland could not claim the throne, because Margaret's Father, King Eric of Norway could've married her to Edward I (Longshanks) of England and united the kingdoms under one nobility (merging the peerages with the throne). When she finally was sent to Scotland in 1290, she died during the voyage. This sent Scotland into chaos, with several groups using armed force in attempted coups. The Scottish Guardians appealed to Edward Longshanks to protect the Scottish nobility. He played this into the title Overlord of Scotland in return for using the threat of his military to enforce his final decision as to who should lead Scotland. Since Edward wanted to assert control over the entire island, his chosen heir at first let him have a role in Scottish politics, but as he represented a new and unwelcome intrusion into Scots affairs, King John renounced his fealty to Longshanks and allied himself with France. Longshanks invaded to stake his claim. Andrew Moray was among the military resistors of the English invasion, and he allied his armies with William Wallace's. Moray died of his wounds suffered in battle at Stirling Bridge, for the cause of Scottish independence. The Scots would ultimately cast the English out for a few centuries after the disastrous (for the English) Battle of Bannockburn against the forces of the weak Edward II. Mel Gibson immortalized this struggle in his movie Braveheart. Mel Gibson starred in What Women Want wherein he can hear women's thoughts, and this allows him to make love to Marisa Tomei's character to the absolute erotic ecstatic precision of pleasure because he can hear her thoughts. In My Cousin Vinny, Marisa Tomei's character is called to the witness stand, because, ostensibly, she can tell if a metallic mint green 1963 Pontiac Tempest or a 1964 Buick Skylark made tire tread marks in a photograph. Now everyone knows that it was the Tempest because the car that made those two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You cannot make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark! Marisa Tomei won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for this role, but controversy has always surrounded the award because the accusation was made that someone else won, but that Jack Palance was confused when he tried to read the name and read Tomei's since she was the last one on the teleprompter. Ignoring the fact that the Price Waterhouse boys would've immediately corrected such a mistake, among the nominees in that category in 1992, who should've won?

As good as Miranda Richardson was, I think Old Jack got it right. A woman familiar with limited slip differentials cannot be denied and besides, of the 5, Tomei would look the best in a kilt.

Comment

As good as Miranda Richardson was, I think Old Jack got it right. A woman familiar with limited slip differentials cannot be denied and besides, of the 5, Tomei would look the best in a kilt.
                        We shall be great friends. I was in love with Tomei for a season after that movie, but she never returned my calls.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

You are Greg Wrubell right? When you told me you were an engineer I figured you meant broadcast engineer or something, you know how to turn the knobs as well as screaming during a game.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            You are Greg Wrubell right? When you told me you were an engineer I figured you meant broadcast engineer or something, you know how to turn the knobs as well as screaming during a game.
                            You would be amazed at how many engineers look like Greg Wrubell.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                            X