Really Ellis Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Ellis Island?

I too have decided to use the boilerplate intro with a few modifications.

How did you find CUF? If you hear enough CBer's complain about it, it must be worth checking into.

What do you like about CUF? There were a few folks who quit posting on CB or can't post on CB that I found to be annoyingly humorous. I heard they were here. I'm not naming names; egos are big enough already.

What don't I like about CUF? Not big on vulgarity, but hey whatever floats your boat

How did you choose your moniker? location, location location.

What do you do (other than read CUF)? Ski, hike, run (rather slowly nowadays), snowmobile, hang out with my family and work so I can afford to live here and do all the things listed.

What goals do you have left to accomplish? Ski Corbet's Couloir...I don't think I could ever do it, but never say never.

How many states have you lived in? California, Texas, Utah, Oregon, & Wyoming

What are your sports loyalties?
    BYU Football-though I wasn't until my senior year in HS.
    Texas Rangers-Nolan Ryan rocks.
    Dallas Cowboys-it all started with Danny White, but I feel like it's the Quincy Carter era all over again these days.
    Dallas Mavericks
    Dallas Stars

What's your standing in the church? I won't speak specifically to standing, some may consider me a mullah but church is very important to me. I spend more time with church stuff than I had ever anticipated, but I'm fine with that. My folks joined the church when I was 2 and I grew up with a ward that was 80% converts. After living in the west for the better part of the last 18 years, I still struggle with various attitudes of life-long members...but I digress.

Are you famous for anything? Nope, thank goodness.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be? Sure, whatever.

welcome, jxn. good to have you here.

you don't have to name names. we all know what you mean.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

hullo.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Glad to see you crossed over. Sorry, but DDD is here too. You have to take the bad with the good.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

This board already has too many Wyomingites, but I suppose one more won't hurt. Welcome, jxn.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Welcome jxncoog. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino approved template to introduce yourself.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              This board already has too many Wyomingites, but I suppose one more won't hurt. Welcome, jxn.
              Rest assured I'm hardly a Wyomingite. I've only been here 10 years, I think you have to be here more than 20 years to be a local.

Comment

Originally posted by jxncoog View Post
                Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be? Sure, whatever.
                Step aside, wuap. I can handle this one.

Welcome to CUF, jxncoog. I have one deeply important question for you. Choose your answer carefully.

Are you a lawyer?
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Step aside, wuap. I can handle this one.

Welcome to CUF, jxncoog. I have one deeply important question for you. Choose your answer carefully.

Are you a lawyer?
                  Nope, I'm a non-tourist.

Comment

Originally posted by jxncoog View Post
                    How did you find CUF? If you hear enough CBer's complain about it, it must be worth checking into.
                    CB is like making out with a girl, it is pretty cool and as long as you can keep your hormones (thoughts and posts) under control it is a fun thing to do. CUF is like life after you consummated your relationship. It is hard to go back to holding hands after you have survived the flying monkeys and have seen behind the curtain.

EDIT: My post has no real point other than a blatant attempt to accomplish one of my 3 CUF goals: being quoted in one of the cool posters' signature

Comment

jxn, you're one of my favorites on CB. I hope you become comfortable here and stick around.

Feel free to post in the NHL 2009-10 thread!
                      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Jacksonville Jaguars are my favorite NFL team!
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          CB is like making out with a girl, it is pretty cool and as long as you can keep your hormones (thoughts and posts) under control it is a fun thing to do. CUF is like life after you consummated your relationship. It is hard to go back to holding hands after you have survived the flying monkeys and have seen behind the curtain.

EDIT: My post has no real point other than a blatant attempt to accomplish one of my 3 CUF goals: being quoted in one of the cool posters' signature
                          Consummating a relationship for you is like flying mopnkeys and peeping? For a priests quorum preisdent you have a pretty wild personallife.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            My post has no real point other than a blatant attempt to accomplish one of my 3 CUF goals: being quoted in one of the cool posters' signature
                            What are your other 2 CUF goals?
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              What are your other 2 CUF goals?
                              I will share one (I don't want to share both in hopes that playing hard to get will help me accomplish my primary signature quote goal): To never read or click on the Lakers Thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X